Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Frustrated and Confused 😰

ketodietyum
Just visiting

Hello everyone,

We're at a complete loss as to what to do after our website was blocked on Friday (9/3) because of 'activity that goes against spam policies'. We appealed and anxiously waited for a reply over the weekend, only to be told by Ken that our website will not be unblocked due to violating spam community guidelines.

We went through the spam community guidelines point by point and don't see how we have violated any of them.

1. We don’t use any automation for Pinterest. Our pins are created on Pinterest using the default ‘Create Pin’ and ‘Create Idea Pin’ options.

2. We don’t have multiple accounts and our account is authentic. We have ONE Pinterest account which is authentic and represents our website. The account is https://www.pinterest.com/ketodietyum/_created/

3. We don’t create or save content that is repetitive, deceptive or irrelevant. If you look at our pins we create high-quality Idea Pins and standard Pins which all lead to real content on our website. Our Idea Pins contain ingredients and pictures for various recipes. Our standard Pins link directly to blog posts on our website.

4. Our content does not detract from the Pinner experience which can be seen in the number of shares, impressions, and saves of our Pins. Our Idea Pins have received over 5.7 million impressions since we started using Story Pins in February this year.

5. We don’t link to ANY websites that are unsafe, deceptive, unoriginal or that facilities or encourage spam. We only Pin to OUR website which has all the content relating to each pin.

6. We don’t send ANY messages on Pinterest.

7. We don’t make ANY comments on Pinterest, in the past we have replied to users who have posted ‘tried’ images of our recipes (which has no been discontinued). We have actively deleted any spam comments we have found on Pins, but this has been extremely hard to keep up with.

8. We do not operate multiple accounts or coordinate with other people to manipulate the Pinterest platform. All our saves and likes are from legitimate Pinterest users and followers. They should be able to check this by looking at our IP.

9. We do not use any unscrupulous tactics to game Pinterest. We are following the Pinterest Best Practices and publishing new content each week. We create unique, high-quality Idea Pins and standard Pins for our various recipes. We try to keep up with the changes

10. We do not use ANY redirection to evade anti-spam systems. We only link directly to our website. We’ve reported a wide number of spam accounts we have found that have stolen our Pin images and redirected to spam websites, but we are not involved in this at all (and have no control over it).

We also reported a number of accounts that were redirecting from their own domain to our website and nothing was done about them. An example is this account https://www.pinterest.com/vu2day/pins/ which has been redirecting a number of popular blog pins to their website which then redirects to the original website. When the pin becomes popular they change the link so that it goes to a spam page. We've reported that account 3 times explaining what they are doing and no action is taken against them.

Our support messages are no longer going through and we still have no idea what we have done wrong.

Does anyone know who we can contact for help?

Thanks,
Michael & Jennifer.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@ketodietyum I think you are good to go! I was able to go to your account (which I was already following as a fellow keto food blogger, lol) and I was able to click on pins and go to your site.

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
4 Replies
chillnglow
Posts regularly

Hello @ketodietyum 

I'm so sorry to hear what you're going through at the moment. 

I tried viewing your site through my pinterest app earlier on, and i could see the site was blocked. I tried again more recently, and things seem to be working fine. 

However, there was something i noticed, which might give you a bit of insight as to what went wrong initially. 

So when i first clicked on your most recent pin, it went straight to your site, but after about 2 seconds, there was a sort of redirection that happened, and i got taken to some sketchy "spam-like" site, like those ones you see on pop overs and stuff like that. 

I went back and clicked on the pin again and several other pins. But the spam site redirection issue never came up again. 

I have no idea what it is, or what may have caused it, but I'm certain whatever it was, it may have been the reason for the initial ban placed on your website. 

I've been a huge fan of your blog for a long time now, and I'm very happy your site has been unblocked. 

I'd also suggest you try to take a look into what may have caused the redirection, so you can prevent it from happening again. 

All the best. 😃

1 Kudo
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

@ketodietyum I think you are good to go! I was able to go to your account (which I was already following as a fellow keto food blogger, lol) and I was able to click on pins and go to your site.

1 Kudo
ketodietyum
Just visiting

Hi @chillnglow thank you so much for pointing that out!

I think this may have been what has caused all our problems and I'm contacting our host to try to sort it out. Looks like the site has been infected but the redirect only happens inside the Pinterest app.

2 Kudos
malikelizbeth

Hi @ketodietyum I am facing the same issue that my pins are not redirecting to my website rather all of my pins have attached with my website link. And my pins are opening in Pinterest app but not in home feed. When someone clicks on my pins it do not redirects but open the video only. Can you please suggest me solution
?

0 Kudos