Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Following Count

GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Hello Everyone  😀

Im curious about why my following (not followers) count is so wrong. It shows that im following 3K but, when I scroll through it (unfollowing not needed) - I would guess my count is far less than 1K. I get to the end of the list and it wont let me see the next lot.

Is there anyway to fix this count ?

Stay Safe Everyone  😷

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE --  😀

Your following tab or section ( not followers ) but the people you follow. The count might seem wrong but it is not. People you follow + the boards you follow is what gives you your count. If you go into your following tab you will see it has two tabs - following & boards. The count as one. So if you are following 3 people and you follow 7 boards, your following count will show that you are following 10.

I have just had confirmation of this ...

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 23.24.00.png

So there you go, for the ones who didnt know this, ( like me ) or for the ones who were curious.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey @GrannysBasket tagging in a couple of the Pinterest Managers to see if they can give you some insight 🙂

You stay safe too!

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

2 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Thank you @foodiehomechef .  😀

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby 

Well I submitted a ticket and have heard nothing back from it.

My following count (not followers) still says 3K and Im sure Im less than 100 people.

I would really like this fixed if at all possible.

Thanks and stay safe everyone 😷

1 Kudo
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

Please look at this video, I am not showing 3K following .

Thank you.

Not 3K Following 

0 Kudos
GrannysBasket
Posts regularly

UPDATE FOR EVERYONE --  😀

Your following tab or section ( not followers ) but the people you follow. The count might seem wrong but it is not. People you follow + the boards you follow is what gives you your count. If you go into your following tab you will see it has two tabs - following & boards. The count as one. So if you are following 3 people and you follow 7 boards, your following count will show that you are following 10.

I have just had confirmation of this ...

Screenshot 2020-11-25 at 23.24.00.png

So there you go, for the ones who didnt know this, ( like me ) or for the ones who were curious.

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@GrannysBasket  A while back I had asked Pinterest Gabby this very same question, but it was related to the "Followers" and she confirmed that the followers were also calculated this way... both boards & people: https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/creator-chat/how-are-followers-calculated/m-p/1838#M192

I'm glad to know it's the same regarding the "Following", so thanks for posting that!

1 Kudo