Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Followers automatically added to new boards?

anna_h
Just visiting

Hello, friends!

In an effort to cut down on the number of boards I have I'd like to create some new boards with sections and transfer existing pins over to the new/relevant section.  For instance, I'd like to have a women's fashion board with sections for shoes, bags, etc instead of a board for each of those sub-categories.

My question is, if I create a new board, will my existing followers be automatically subscribed to that board?  I understand that followers who only follow a particular board won't transfer over, but will those who follow my whole profile automatically follow new boards?

Thank you so much for your help!

Anna

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @anna_h - Welcome to PBC!

To answer your question, yes - if a user is following your account then any new boards you create they will be following as well.

However, if you are using Pinterest as a marketing platform for your business, I recommend not using board sections.  Board sections were developed for Pinterest users (not businesses) to organize their own boards in order to find things they've pinned.  Unfortunately, board section titles are not optimized (SEO) and the pins within them may not get as much reach.  

Therefore I recommend keeping a separate board for each sub-category.   I know you want to clean up your account and make it feel or look more organized but from a user perspective, not many people go to accounts boards page to look for something.  Rather they use the search bar, home feed, or related pins.   

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
4 Replies
Farmingandgardening
Posts regularly

In my experience they should yes

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @anna_h - Welcome to PBC!

To answer your question, yes - if a user is following your account then any new boards you create they will be following as well.

However, if you are using Pinterest as a marketing platform for your business, I recommend not using board sections.  Board sections were developed for Pinterest users (not businesses) to organize their own boards in order to find things they've pinned.  Unfortunately, board section titles are not optimized (SEO) and the pins within them may not get as much reach.  

Therefore I recommend keeping a separate board for each sub-category.   I know you want to clean up your account and make it feel or look more organized but from a user perspective, not many people go to accounts boards page to look for something.  Rather they use the search bar, home feed, or related pins.   

Hope this helps!

4 Kudos
anna_h
Just visiting

Hi @thehalcyonhive !

Thank you so much -- this is super helpful.  I really appreciate the info!

Anna

1 Kudo
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

You bet! 🙂

0 Kudos