Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Follower count not updating

Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

Follower count not updating so frustrating as I have a list of 59 names of people who have followed me in which I have receive notifications. But their names have never been added to my community list nor have their numbers been added. Received three new followers overnight and one recently also not added. 😣

3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
kellyacavanaugh
Just visiting

Hi @Pixietwin1, how much time has passed since they’ve followed? I’ve never thought about this, but perhaps Pinterest only updates follower count every so often. 🧐
This is a good question. I’ve never kept track of my followers vs. anything. I’m eager to hear what an admin here can share about this topic. 🤗

-Kelly A Cavanaugh 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
10 Replies
kellyacavanaugh
Just visiting

Hi @Pixietwin1, how much time has passed since they’ve followed? I’ve never thought about this, but perhaps Pinterest only updates follower count every so often. 🧐
This is a good question. I’ve never kept track of my followers vs. anything. I’m eager to hear what an admin here can share about this topic. 🤗

-Kelly A Cavanaugh 

0 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

Kelly, I’ve been having this problem for months. From my experience as soon as somebody follows me and I receive notification their name should appear in my list. I have never once experienced a delay in follower count being updated. But three of them were overnight so it’s been like 12 hours and another one’s been about three hours ago. If they don’t show up within five minutes of me getting a notification they don’t show up at all. So disappointing because another one followed me this afternoon and their name did not show up. I’m up to almost 60 followers that I called in Absentia because they’re not on my list.

0 Kudos
ProductsIdeaUsa
0 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

Same thing happening. Six new followers today listed but my account only went up by one. Always get the same form reply from help desk that followers ebb and flow —Obviously my message was not even read. Each day I get about 5 new followers added by name but not increasing my count. 😡

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@Pixietwin1   Yeah I'm with you... I've been having this problem for some time now, frustrating! Not only with Pinterest, but with Tailwind as well. I've been thinking about notifying both Pinterest & Tailwind regarding this, but I don't hold out much hope for a solution with Pinterest. Tailwind maybe... but (not sure if this is correct) I believe they get their stats from Pinterest *sigh* - @tailwind @Anonymous @pinterestdama @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

0 Kudos
tailwind
Loves to help

Hello there. You're correct, @foodiehomechef , we get our information from Pinterest. Hopefully it will be resolved soon. 

1 Kudo
sloanchrisr

I went to a friend's pinterest account and it says they have 100 followers.  But when I actually count the list, I only count 72.  can someone explain why?

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @sloanchrisr, welcome to the community. Your follower count is the number of people that follow you or your boards. If a person follows more than one board that you’ve created, it’ll count as one follow. Your following count is the number of people or boards that you follow. Hope that helps clarify! 

0 Kudos