Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Features of Ideal Pins not working

thesparklestar7

Is anyone else having trouble? I've uninstalled the app, and even created a new account. For reference I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S8 phone. My problems are the below:

Can't use slider bar to adjust the duration of text during a video

Can't access the duration of text during a posting with a carousel of images

Can't change where the music starts in a video

No option to add product pins to videos or series of images in ideal pins

I'm about ready to give up! Help!

0 Kudos
1 Reply
PinterestSusana

Hi @thesparklestar7 and welcome to the PBC!

In order to tag products, you'll be able to do it by clicking the stickers option when editing an Idea Pin. Bear in mind that this option is only available for US and the UK. Lean more about product tagging on this post!

Regarding the access to the duration of text on a Idea Pins with images, this option is not currently available. The text will span over the whole time the image is being shown on the Pin.

However, you should be able to adjust the slider when you're using videos. I would recommend following these few steps:

• Update to the latest Android OS software
  • Make some extra space (Pinterest works best with at least 20 MB of extra space)
  • Clear cache (open your Android settings, find Apps, then Pinterest)
  • Clear data from your Pinterest app (this doesn't affect your Pinterest content)

About changing where the music starts in a video, it is not possible. The music will start in the beginning of the video and end at the end of it. However, you can use the slider to adjust what part of the music you'll be using on the Idea Pin!

I hope this is helpful! Let me know if we help you further!

0 Kudos