Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Engagement stats

52perfectdays
Just visiting

I’m pinning like normal & all my analytics are down 25-33%. Most of My pins are also showing 0 impressions. Has anything changed in the algorithm? 

Any tips? 

0 Kudos
8 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, @52perfectdays!

The algorithm is always changing, so yes! 

It's quite normal to see fluctuations in impressions, even when you haven't changed anything about the way you're pinning... because a lot of other factors influence it (seasonality, platform use, the normalizing of a viral / high performing pin... to name a few.) 

Engagement is interesting - are you looking at your raw engagement numbers? Or your engagement rate? (The latter might be a better number to look at - if your impressions are down significantly.) 

But seeing 0 impressions on most of your pins (especially if they are idea pins*) is out of the ordinary for an established account. It may be a glitch (numbers aren't being calculated properly) - or it might not be. If it's still happening by... say... next week?... (most pins are showing 0), you may want to put a help ticket in. 

Here's an article from Pinterest that described distribution and troubleshooting: 

https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/pin-performance-and-distribution#section-19721 

I hope that gives you some insights! 

0 Kudos
baileyyfaith
Just visiting

I’m dealing with a similar situation. I think it is a glitch in numbers. My monthly views continues to go up while my impressions have been around the 150 mark. Before they were getting around 500-1000. 

0 Kudos
52perfectdays
Just visiting

I’m seeing very low or no impressions/ clicks on regular pins. My stats are dropping every days. It shows my engagement down 40%. 

my idea pins are getting some traction, but not as much as I thought they would. 

it’s very frustrating!! Any specific advice? Could you look at a few pins on my account @JanaOMedia ??? 

1 Kudo
52perfectdays
Just visiting

I checked my Google analytics & my traffic is down. 

0 Kudos
52perfectdays
Just visiting

Just following up @JanaOMedia … hoping you could peek at my page/boards/pins for anything you think could be causing my impressions & clicks to drop so much. Stats steadily going down daily. Starting to freak out! 

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi, @52perfectdays! I really hesitate to give any pointed advice without having the full picture and taking the time to look holistically. You could do some experimenting with some different formats, CTAs, etc, and see if that reveals anything for you. (One idea: Try a CTA to save the pin. See if that helps! Be sure to give pinners a reason to do so!) Check out this post I wrote:
https://community.pinterest.biz/t5/conversations/road-tested-tips-for-encouraging-more-saves-on-your... 

1 Kudo
52perfectdays
Just visiting

Thanks. Will try the CTA, but the problem is impressions as well. Most of what I’ve pinned in the last month has 02 very few impressions. So people aren’t seeing it a CTA to save isn’t good going to be the issue. I’m wondering why it seems like my pins aren’t being seen/found in search. @JanaOMedia 

Heading to read the post you shared - thank you.

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@52perfectdays - Saves can help you get more reach. I know it sounds like circular logic, but that's the way distribution is working! 😉 

0 Kudos