Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Dual Language Account

simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Does anyone here have experience with dual language accounts that would consider them successful? I would love to hear from others who've had success with this or maybe others who would not recommend this strategy based on experience. 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice  do you have any experience with this or know who I could ask? 

Thanks so much! 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @digitoucan_marketing_Pinterest 

I believe the best way forward, for now, is to keep your pins and boards mostly geared toward your largest demographic while still incorporating the second language with their own pins and boards. 

You're only allowed to claim one website per Pinterest account. 

I would keep the profile in the language of your biggest demographic. 

Dual language accounts can be tricky! 

-Tabby

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@simplepinmedia, Hiya Tabby! Let me do a bit of digging on this with our team and see if I can find some examples to share with you. In the meantime, I'd love to hear if other folks have this kind of experience in the community and would be willing to share some tips and tricks. 🤞

2 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks, Gabby! @PinterestGabby (I always wished I was a Gabby instead of a Tabby. Haha) 

-Tabby

1 Kudo
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

I have asked and looked about this. It seems that if you have boards of one topic with different languages it should be an issue.  Sometimes by looking at the images people can get what we are saying without knowing the language.   That said, it depends on your topic.  

I hope it helps

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Lol @simplepinmedia! You are too sweet. FYI I asked our team and they said as far as account management goes, it's recommended to have different Ads Managers for each market, and then you can manage them just by switching between the different accounts. I'm going to check with some other teams next week to see if there are examples I can share with you. 🙂 

2 Kudos

Hi @PinterestGabby

Have you had any answers regarding the management of a Pinterest (organic) account on the creation of boards in several languages?

I manage an account for a brand that has a website.com (french version) and website.com/en, website.com/de ...

The main target is French but the brand would like to communicate with Germans. What is the best solution for this?

1 account per language ? Can I claim same website over several accounts ?

1 account for all languages, with boards in different languages ? In this case, which language should I chose for profil description ?

Thanks so much! 

Cécilia

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @digitoucan_marketing_Pinterest 

I believe the best way forward, for now, is to keep your pins and boards mostly geared toward your largest demographic while still incorporating the second language with their own pins and boards. 

You're only allowed to claim one website per Pinterest account. 

I would keep the profile in the language of your biggest demographic. 

Dual language accounts can be tricky! 

-Tabby

1 Kudo