Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Do you check where your pins go before pinning?

TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting
Labels (2)

We are pretty new to Pinterest Business and wanted to know if you always look to see where a pin link takes you before you add it to a board? We didn't do that in the past, but are now wondering if we have too many pins that the links are irrelevant to the post. And if those kinds of pins bring your site SEO or traffic down.

For instance: A pin on one of my boards lands on an obvious spam site, but I love the picture. If I pin it, will it downgrade my boards in any way?

It may be a non issue...but we have a lot to learn!

6 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting

Thanks fortyyoung! Do you know if spam links downgrade your site by any chance? 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
12 Replies
fortyyoung
Just visiting

This is a great question! I do check where my pins go because nothing drives me more crazy then seeing a pin I love and clicking on it and getting spam. Maybe you could save the image and make your own pin with relevant content? Just a thought!

2 Kudos
TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting

Thanks fortyyoung! Do you know if spam links downgrade your site by any chance? 

0 Kudos
saffronavenue
Just visiting

I never really thought of that, but that is so BEYOND annoying.  To be honest though, whenever I do scroll through Pinterest home feed and see one of my products/graphics I hover over to make sure I see my website. I've personally (well my pinterest manager) has had to report quite a few of mine due to that. So frustrating. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@TheTinyHouseFarm I absolutely check where the pins will lead to including if time permits what kind of information is available from the link on the pin for example if its about journaling I will check the pin and if the person who posted that pin has an insta or a website I will go there to see what other kinds of information is available and have a look at who this other Pinner is especially on another platform.

I think that is a good practice of course some pins will get through without being checked but I  do think its helpful for the people who follow your boards since you are providing inspiration and information all rolled into one pin and of course you want those same pinners to follow you elsewhere for example your website | blog | podcast and that means that they need to trust you. If they know your looking out for their awesome pinning experience they will in turn follow you | save | re-pin and best of all keep coming back.

Hope that helps remember these are just my thoughts always do what works best for you and your business.

Lisa😊

6 Kudos
TheTinyHouseFarm
Just visiting

Thanks Lisa! Those are really good points. I need to go back and check my old pins now.

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@TheTinyHouseFarm My pleasure .... it does take time but personally I think its worth it.

Lisa😁

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks for sharing those tips, @therealsouthamerica📌

2 Kudos
melissanikohl
Just visiting

Yes I do check! 

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

For years I didn't check the pin... then I read in an email from Pinterest, about a year ago, that they frown upon a person saving pins that don't lead to the correct source, so I've become more diligent in checking!

2 Kudos