Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator rewards

thedaniellebohannan

Does anyone know when the next creator rewards open? I’m waiting patiently to apply 😊😊

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @DownLeahsLane , as @michaelbliss  said, you don't need to have a website to qualify and you'll have to wait for Pinterest to invite you. I don't believe there are official release dates set by Pinterest. I'm seeing some people saying things like it opens quarterly or in the beginning of the month, but I haven't found any source of this to say it's accurate.

Some people said they've got an email with the invitation. I never got one, it just popped on my account after an app update back in April.

In my understanding, verified merchants cannot be part of the program at the moment. It's exclusive for creators.

Would a creator who has all the requirements met and be creating quality content consistently eventually be invited. Possibly, but I don't have any source to backup this. Here's the info about the Creator Rewards Pinterest has published: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/creator-rewards 

I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
5 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hello @thedaniellebohannan and welcome to the PBC!

Here's the best way to stay up to date https://business.pinterest.com/en-ca/creator-newsletter/

Please click the button ACCEPT AS SOLUTION if you found this helpful. 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hey @thedaniellebohannan ! It's great to see you here, welcome!!!

At the moment, Pinterest hasn't released any date yet.

As Anna mentioned above, it's a good a idea to join Pinterest's newsletter to stay on the loop.

0 Kudos
DownLeahsLane
Just visiting

@terezatoledo and @pinterestmarketingexpert ... I'm new to the whole Creator Reward Program thing...just have a few quick questions to help my brain wrap around it 🤣
1. we have to be invited, is that correct? If we've been invited, we'll see under Creator Hub > Earn 
2. Pinterest has set release dates when they open up for the next round of invitations to the Creator Rewards Program. 
3. I know we need a business account, but do we have to have a website to claim in order to be eligible for the Creator Rewards Program? I have a client that has a very established VM account, but she'd like to start another business account that's more geared towards the Creator Rewards aspect, but she only has one website (which is claimed on the VM account). She'd like to create Idea Pins that are more focused for creators and monetize through the Creator Rewards Program with this potential second account (but she doesn't have a second website). Don't want to go through all the work of building out another account if she must have a website for it. 
4. or...can a very active (idea pins, etc) Verified Merchant account ever be invited to Creator Program?
Thanks so very much!!! 😃

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@DownLeahsLane  From what I've been reading, I don't think you will need an actual website to qualify for Creator Rewards.

Because Creator Rewards is in beta, you'll need to be invited at least for the time being. As you mentioned, you will see a pop up message in the app notifying you. I hope this helps you.

1 Kudo
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @DownLeahsLane , as @michaelbliss  said, you don't need to have a website to qualify and you'll have to wait for Pinterest to invite you. I don't believe there are official release dates set by Pinterest. I'm seeing some people saying things like it opens quarterly or in the beginning of the month, but I haven't found any source of this to say it's accurate.

Some people said they've got an email with the invitation. I never got one, it just popped on my account after an app update back in April.

In my understanding, verified merchants cannot be part of the program at the moment. It's exclusive for creators.

Would a creator who has all the requirements met and be creating quality content consistently eventually be invited. Possibly, but I don't have any source to backup this. Here's the info about the Creator Rewards Pinterest has published: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/creator-rewards 

I hope this helps.

3 Kudos