Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creator Rewards Pins Didn't Get Approved On Time- Now Saying They Won't Be At All?!

notquitesusie
Just visiting

Hi all! This is long but I am stressing so please bear with me.

I have apparently been in the Creator Rewards program for awhile but didn't notice until February as I usually use Pinterest on desktop, so that month I did a couple of pins as a test run and once those were successful I really committed to it this last month, in March. Like I've seen many of you mention, it was taking a very long time for pins to get approved this month- and then March ended, without many of my pins having been looked at. Just over half of my submitted pins were approved, and since all of my pins followed the same formula {but were all different, original content} I am confident that they all- or at LEAST most- should have been approved.

I submitted a ticket earlier today to verify that those pins that were not approved by the time the clock ran out on the month would in fact be looked at while verifying payment, but received a canned response telling me that my pins did not qualify because they didn't hit the engagement requirements. There WERE no engagement requirements for this goal, so the answer is completely irrelevant.

I am POSITIVE that the pins I submitted met all criteria, as the pins in question were all for the goal for the List pins {requirements being 1 video, at least a certain number of pages, including a list, rights to all content and original pins- every one of my pins met all of these criteria}.

Is anyone else experiencing this, or has anyone experienced it in prior months? I am absolutely sick over the thought that I may not be getting almost half of the money I spent all month earning, simply because the automated system closed the goal before anyone had time to approve my pins.

4 Kudos
26 Replies
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

In Feb I had a couple of pins that I submitted on the last couple of days of Feb and they still haven't been approved even though I'm sure they fit the criteria. Because of this I plan to get all of my pins submitted during the first half of the month.

4 Kudos

I am experiencing the same thing, but after reading some of the comments I think it may be that they are just trying to catch up. As far as the program being worth it, I definitely think it's still 100% worth it! I have put a lot of time and energy into content creating for other platforms with zero support or even acknowledgement from these platforms. From what I have experienced so far, Pinterest is very diverse and very open to all types of content. That is definitely not the case on other platforms. Hopefully we will hear back soon. 😊💫

2 Kudos
notquitesusie
Just visiting

@Arelaxedgal I think that's going to be my plan this month too! Aside from the one a week one of course.

0 Kudos
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

I've heard back again from Pinterest and they are saying that my March content creation reward pins (the four pins throughout the month) aren't approved (even though they previously were approved and I have screenshots to prove it) because they didn't meet engagement goals. Does anyone happen to have a screenshot of the criteria? I thought I did but I don't. From now on I will be taking screenshots of the criteria for every goal I submit pins to in case this happens again.

3 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

@Arelaxedgal Wow I' so sorry that happened!! That makes absolutely no sense that they would tell you that if in fact the content challenge you submitted for didn't have any engagement requirements. I could have sworn I saw one other person posting about having something similar happen. I would keep writing them and reiterate that you met all the requirements and your pins were already approved.

I wrote Pinterest regarding the issue I'm dealing with and haven't heard back, but I'm scared now they'll tell me something similar. I didn't even think to screenshot the fact that all were approved as I had no clue this was going on. And now the challenge has totally disappeared from the Done section so I don't know what to do. 

0 Kudos
cozyadk
Posts regularly

@Arelaxedgal I don’t think that goal had any engagement requirements at all, so it may be a canned response and I would definitely keep reaching out until they correct it. 

1 Kudo
mycancerchic
Problem-solver

I have found the canned responses are not accurate and you have to push to have the ticket escalated. Keep as many screenshots as possible! I am so nervous as well and it's a huge pain to stress about this after content was completed.

4 Kudos
budgetwithmel
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Arelaxedgal I got the same response. See my screenshot. I made absolute sure my pins had hit the goals before submitting. I'm frustrated. Putting in all that work to create, but also sending my Instagram audience to Pinterest (getting them traffic), and then to be told I didn't meet the criteria. So so frustrating.

Screen Shot 2022-04-05 at 10.14.20 AM.png

5 Kudos
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

Thanks for the advice @mycancerchic . I'm pushing back.

3 Kudos
budgetwithmel
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Arelaxedgal I did engage further with the support person who reached out to me, and asked to be put in touch with someone who could tell me exactly how my pins I submitted weren't approved. They said they couldn't do that. Did you have any luck? 

0 Kudos