Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Creative best practices

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (2)

Hi everyone -- @PinterestJanice and I noticed that there were so many great threads about creative best practices, that we wanted to merge everyone's contributions into one consolidated place for people to easily find creative tips and tricks from the community. 

Look forward to hearing you all share how to create inspiring content for Pinners! 🎨

#Protip: Be sure to check out Pinterest's creative best practices and see what other resources are available to you on the Pinterest Business site.

0 Kudos
38 Replies
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

When I write captions I do research before posting my pin. I also try to use relevant keywords and hashtags. Not much people read captions but it helps you to be found on search results so I think it is important to think about captions and write it attentively.

5 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

I always use text on my pins (which is popular for my niche), so no matter what you end up choosing, my tip would be to make sure it's legible, bold and bright so that it can be easily read while the user is scrolling. Most people use Pinterest on their phone and will scroll through their feed at a fast rate, so definitely keep in mind that you're trying to grab their attention! 🙂  

I swap up my fonts depending on the look/feel of my photos (you can check out my pins here to see what I'm talking about), but you really can't go wrong with a white background or overlay for the text. 

Like some other folks have said already, if you feel that the photo itself is eye-catching enough and adding text looks too cluttered, then give it a try without text and see how it performs. Sometimes experimenting with multiple pins per post/article is the most helpful! 

3 Kudos
MolinaAlkalina
Just visiting

I love Montserrat. Clean and simple with different bold options.

1 Kudo
dishitoutsocial
Just visiting

I have been using a formula for my descriptions. I put the most relevant keyword first and then I add at least 5 keywords used in a couple of sentences. I have been adding a call to action along with my business name at the end as well. Then I add 2-3 hashtags if relevant.

Hope this helps!

Kyla - Dish It Out Social

profile pic (new).png

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Have you seen an uptick in engagement? 

2 Kudos
PartynwPlants
Just visiting

Hey Kyla- Great tip and that's exactly what I do as well! It's really worked out great for me as well! 🙂

Nicole

2 Kudos
RealWoodFloorsWP
Posts regularly

Wanted to highlight one of my pins and get everyones honest feedback.

Don't be shy let me know your honest thoughts. This pin is pushing to a blog on our website. Flooring blog about designFlooring blog about design

2 Kudos
marketing7062
Just visiting

Do not understand "seasonal personality". Since flooring doesn't change color easily as I understand it, then I have no idea what is being conveyed here.

I do see everyone is matching color hues and all color wise is harmonious. Maybe I am dense but this leaves me unconnected.

Hope that is of some use to you.

Cheers

4 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

I'll be honest, I don't know much about wood floors or anything about it really. The only thing I can judge is the aesthetics of the pin. 

I really like your logo and I believe it is important to have on almost all your original pins. 

I also like the font that you use for the text. So in terms of aesthetics, the pin looks great! I really believe that colors match well with moods. Therefore this brown color might match a mood for your audience, if that makes sense. I would try this same pin with a white border to see what does better (Just my initial thoughts). I would say the text should draw the audience in more though. 

These are just my raw thoughts! Hope it helps! 

4 Kudos
thelivehim
Posts regularly

@RealWoodFloorsWP I wanted to explain further what I meant. I went ahead and made two Pins to explain:

Please keep in mind these are two VERY quick photos I made. Floor Color.jpg

Floor Color (1).jpg

What I would do is upload both of these pins. See which one performs better and remove the other. In my opinion, the white looks much better and is easier to engage with. However, the brown may hit a mood that entices your audience (Color matters).

3 Kudos