Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

can't change title

applauseballetco
Just visiting

If I change my Pinterest title, does it take longer to show up?

1 Kudo
7 Replies
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@applauseballetco Hey, welcome! It should change right away if you hit save. Try hitting refresh or log out and back in. 

Tag me and let me know if that works or not. 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
applauseballetco
Just visiting

@simplepinmedia 

It does not update when I add text to it. Does it not change after a few days?

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@applauseballetco To be clear, are you talking about your Pinterest Profile name or your Pin titles or board titles? 

If you're talking about your Pin titles, they can be tricky to change sometimes. If the Pin has been on Pinterest for a while already, it's basically pointless to try and edit it since it's already been distributed by Pinners. Editing one Pin will not automatically edit that same Pin that was saved all over Pinterest. 

Let me know which "title" you're talking about. 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
applauseballetco
Just visiting

@simplepinmedia 

I titled it Womens Dance Skirts | Wear Moi "CYPELLA" but it is not showing up. The description has been changed.
https://www.pinterest.com/pin/885872189178564505/

0 Kudos
simplepinmedia
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@applauseballetco That looks like a product Pin which explains why you're having trouble editing the title. You probably need to make sure your website is fully optimized for Pinterest so that when you create a Pin from your store, it shows the title and description you want. Using a plugin is great for that. What shopping platform are you using? 

-Tabby

0 Kudos
applauseballetco
Just visiting
0 Kudos
georgegianulias

Did anyone ever find a solution to this problem? I have the same problem with some pins that automatically change my title and when I edit again to change the title it refuses to change.  

0 Kudos