Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Being stuck on Pinterest

InspiredIsI
Just visiting
Labels (4)

Helloo

so I stopped posting for like 2 Months on Pinterest because I feel like it is not going anywhere with Pinterest tbh....

Does anyone experience the same thing? 

And can anyone help with that feeling?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@InspiredIsI You are not alone.

Many people I have watched and read say that it took six months to see growth. It took me 9 months.

Also, it's good to define in your mind what success is. So you wanna see good impressions, or does success to you mean followers? That can help you to not feel like you are stuck.

Lastly, Pinterest can surprise you. A few months down the line, your pin could pop off. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Keep going (if you want to) ❤️

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
8 Replies
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@InspiredIsI You are not alone.

Many people I have watched and read say that it took six months to see growth. It took me 9 months.

Also, it's good to define in your mind what success is. So you wanna see good impressions, or does success to you mean followers? That can help you to not feel like you are stuck.

Lastly, Pinterest can surprise you. A few months down the line, your pin could pop off. 🤷🏾‍♀️

Keep going (if you want to) ❤️

5 Kudos
InspiredIsI
Just visiting

@hellohomegirl I been doing that for over a year now. I do see some growth but sometimes I think I get stuck like I posted someting and is has like 11k Impressions. And when I post something again it goes down to 200 Impressions maybe....

I don't know sometimes it feels like Pinterest is also not helping at all and that I'm doing that for no one 

It can be a bit stressful tbh

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@InspiredIsI - you got some solid feedback from @hellohomegirl up there!

I have a thought, too... Do you think it might be because you are comparing Pinterest to social media? 

I've noticed this: The things we looooove about Pinterest *also* make it feel different.

Here’s what I mean: 

We love that Pinterest is lower-maintenance (but still powerful). And we really love that sustainable, passive visibility that snowballs and gets easier and better over time with Pinterest. But social media has trained our brains to look for those quick oxytocin hits. 

We post. Then we start seeing “likes” and comments – and we refresh 23 times in an hour and watch those views climb… And this feels goooooood. 

But that’s NOT what happens on Pinterest. 

It’s often a ‘slow burn.’ So it feels different. It takes time for individual pins - and our accounts - to find an audience. 

To be clear, not all pins do well. Some bomb, but others do end up performing well. The more consistent you are, the more likely you are to end up with some that perform well, and then keep getting seen for months and years. (which is also different than social media - in a very good way!) 

Let me know what you think - or if you think this is way off base. I'm just guessing.

1 Kudo
mmillerrr15
Posts regularly

I always love @hellohomegirl ’s responses!

I’m in a similar boat. I lost some motivation after I peaked in October and the creator rewards went away. I love posting on Pinterest because it’s safe and fun but the feeling of never moving forward has been difficult for me to have the ambition to post. I’ve tried to get back to posting daily but not knowing my end goal now that the rewards is done has gotten the best of me. I miss the eagerness and inspiration I had posting things I was passionate about.

pinterest is a slow burn so I’ve still been posting at least 3-5 pins a week which does not seem like enough but that desire just isn’t there anymore 😞

1 Kudo
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thank you, @mmillerrr15 . I appreciate that.

I feel ya. I felt similarly. To this day, I have pins that I really am proud of and did a ton research and strategized...all to crickets. But then I get a notification about impressions for a pin that 8 months old. Slow burn indeed.

0 Kudos
InspiredIsI
Just visiting

That's actually a good guess tbh 

Like I love Pinterest for what it is honesty, but I think the fact that Pinterest can be super slow sometimes make it a lot more difficult and hard for me... just to stay focused on the Pins.

But I think that is just how it is and I can't really chance that tbh

But thankf for your Input xx

0 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@mmillerrr15 - you make a really good point! I think there are a lot of creators who now feel unmotivated to create - now that CR is closed.

It's exactly what you said - "not knowing my end goal now." 👈🏼👈🏼👈🏼

It's hard to stay motivated when you're not getting paid. And that is NORMAL!!! People who create good content consistently should get paid for it. 

All that being said, we also can't rely on the platforms to pay us. It's up to us to find ways to monetize. I think the BEST way to do that is to offer your own products and/or services. 

It makes me wonder @InspiredIsI - Are you offering any products or services? Maybe developing something to sell (and promote on Pinterest!) would be a good move! Or if you have offers already, maybe re-setting your strategy to promote that would bring back the fire! 🙂

2 Kudos
InspiredIsI
Just visiting

@JanaOMedia thank you for your answer

I am not offering any products I just post picures/ Videos about my Lifestyle etc. and I think it is normal for some posts not to go "viral"

0 Kudos