Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

April Creator Reward Max Payout

cozyadk
Posts regularly

I just saw the update with the upcoming month (April) rewards. Each of the rewards lists a max payout for that reward. I’m not sure if past months have had this as March is my first month. My questions are:

Even though March rewards don’t explicitly list max payouts are there limits that just weren’t shared?

Is this maybe why March approvals have slow/delayed?

Does this have any relation to other posts about Creators receiving incorrect February payouts, or payouts for less than they were approved for?

Im curious what y’all’s thoughts are!

2 Kudos
17 Replies
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

@mycancerchic Thank you for the recommendation! 

1 Kudo
Arelaxedgal
Posts regularly

I noticed that the eligibility requirements are more detailed for April which is helpful though it's more to track. I think knowing ahead of time that some changes are coming, especially big changes, would be nice. 

What do you all think about the requirement "Idea Pins that feature the same idea (product/craft/recipe, etc.) will not be considered" means? I'm trying to figure out if you do hair or beauty tutorials does that mean you can't submit a bunch of pins showing how to do different hairstyles or makeup looks?

2 Kudos
Farmingandgardening
Posts regularly

there was max payouts for certain rewards in previous months but never so explicit for certain amounts. i think one list reward in feb said unlimited or one of the others. and in march they said in one of the reward descriptions something like lower quality content wont qualify. that one actually is weird because they judge the content. before the audience imo.  i think the payout limits are good but they should be higher. rather more stringent approval then limits tbh. 

doubt they were payout limits not shared but they did change reward goals in march without any notification so who knows. 

as for march approvals and payoits. february was almost a flawless system. if they did it once they can do it again. us creators expected consistency. its not there and thats why there is alot of people saying there is discrepancies. 

never saw any posts in feb about incorrect payouts. thought it was a march problem. 

3 Kudos
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

@Farmingandgardening I love your content! We’ve got a little farm going ourselves and now I think we need some geese! Haha! Good point on the payout limits being a little low, especially after a goal or two that we’re “unlimited”. 

@Arelaxedgal as far as the guidance on pins that feature the same idea, it would be nice to have an opportunity to run specific examples by someone on the Creator Rewards team. I would think if your niche is hairstyles and products, as long as you aren’t using the same videos and images across several idea pins you may be ok. It would be nice to know for sure though!

I sell fingerprint guestbooks and also have a website/blog with free printables. I would like to think that as long as I’m using images and videos with different products and text details, it wouldn’t be considered the “same idea”…right?! 🤷‍♀️

2 Kudos
Farmingandgardening
Posts regularly

@MeganHStudiothank you ! i appreciate that. unfortunately trying to DL all my content and delete my account. i love pinterest but its not reciprocated from the company.  i have tens of millions of views, maybe 100m. they make a ton from me and i cant even get a response let alone paid from a 10b company.  see it super unfair and will go elsewhere . i have bills and workers to pay and this is too frustrating. i took time off from my actual job to invest into pinterest because they did well in feb. now i am having to reshuffle completely. almost like a landscaping client of mine who didnt pay me 20k one month and i almost went bankrupt. i feel like i let my team and company down by giving pinterest more effort. severly disappointed. 

1 Kudo
MeganHStudio
Posts regularly

@Farmingandgardening I’m so sorry to hear that! That’s frustrating if you did the work but didn’t get the payments you were expecting….I also diverted significantly more effort than usual into Pinterest because of the revenue potential. I’m hoping they continue to work the kinks out and it becomes more consistent and reliable for everyone!

good luck to you in your business!

1 Kudo
Farmingandgardening
Posts regularly

@MeganHStudio i put in more hours then some do at their full time job and have nothing to show for it. i almost feel scammed tbh. just incredibly sad pinterest is being like this. thank you, i took out money from my own savings to stay afloat. ill be ok but the whole situation has just infuriated me. they led us on, we invested time and money, and for nothing. they could have cost several workers their checks if i was soley dependent on them. im just over it . 

0 Kudos
FunFitnessFamily
Just visiting

I feel the same way. I worked myself practically sick for April. Sacrificed my Instagram, turned down sponsored posts, shut myself away from my kids esp when I saw that May payouts were so low. 

Most of my pins were also approved which out wind in my sails to do more and now most of those approved pins are GONE from my completed tab. It’s terrible. 

2 Kudos