Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Another User Is Reposting My Idea Pins

misstrishlyn
Just visiting

Hello! I’m wanting to know if my creator rewards will be jeopardized if another user is continuing to repost the same Idea Pins as me. 

I have submitted this pin for a current goal and I have already had it hit the requirements. If this person has this pin posted will it mess up my payment with Pinterest? 

This is very frustrating and I’ve been dealing with this issue for months. I’ve filed multiple copyright claims however they aren’t much to take down the account.

I appreciate any response!

19FBA8EC-7CBC-495A-B8D1-FC53EC0182C9.jpeg

C2037872-114E-4823-BA68-F12E4A6FB120.jpeg

37D6E387-27CE-4D23-B4EA-CDAD6811588F.jpeg

 notice how it’s a repost of my video that is cropped.

ED418295-E9F2-4A8E-875C-F0DC6331AA2C.jpeg

 date that I posted the pin

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Thanks for the tag @bodymindmood  @JanaOMedia 

@misstrishlyn  I can see how frustrating this is becoming. I think @JanaOMedia has a point, and I would add  if you originally uploaded the content, and someone decided to infringe on your work and uploaded a cropped version, machine learning should disregard the stolen pin as unoriginal.

This article is one of several the Pinterest Engineering Blog explains how AI detects similar images.

And this article is basically how Pinterest built their video platform; but what stands out to me is about halfway down you'll find:
Content analysis
Once a video is uploaded we analyze its content ...

and this:

Review tools
Customized review tools allow us to quickly identify unwanted content (both automatically and by hand), ... review automated classification results...

I think you should  submit your content for review, then contact support and make them aware of the stolen material. Creator Rewards is still in beta which means your feedback is important at this stage. I hope this helps you.

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
13 Replies
misstrishlyn
Just visiting

0 Kudos
hellohomegirl
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Wow...that's awful. Though I do not have a solution, I just want to say it's disconcerting that this happens. I hope your rewards are not in jeopardy. Best of luck to you moving forward. 

2 Kudos
misstrishlyn
Just visiting

Thanks so much for your support!

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@michaelbliss - do you happen to have any thoughts or additional suggestions? 

3 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@bodymindmood - want to chime in here? 

3 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@JanaOMedia @misstrishlyn 

Hi there

I think I did already .... hmmmm

Pinterest Copyright Infringement Page

On the page you will see Copyright Infringement Section as you scroll down and it will request you Submit a request using their form - you will have to prove the content belongs to you in addition to other information they will request but this process is good and I have personally used it.

I hope this helps.

Lisa

3 Kudos
misstrishlyn
Just visiting
  • Yes you helped me on a post before! However I’m more concerned now if it will affect my creator rewards + goal it’s submitted to for me. That’s kind of my question

@bodymindmood 

2 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@misstrishlyn @JanaOMedia 

Hi there

I don't believe that it will have an impact what are your thoughts @JanaOMedia @michaelbliss  - but I would suggest filing the Claim Form as soon as you can so that Pinterest is aware of the situation and there is a space for Additional Information to be added so you could add other questions and concerns there.

I know that is perhaps not the exact answer you want but its difficult to predict something like that.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

2 Kudos
JanaOMedia
Marvel

I don't want to be alarming, but I think it could potentially cause problems for you with getting Creator Rewards pins approved. If Pinterest is using - or starts to use - AI to identify pins that aren't original, yours could be flagged if someone else is also pinning the images / videos. 

So I would definitely follow the process above, as Lisa and Michael said. And just keep records. 

If those pins did get declined, you could send a support request to have them reviewed again, but that would be a pain for you. So, hopefully the claims you file will help get this Creator who is using your content removed from the platform. 

Those are my thoughts. I can't say for sure if I'm right, but just my opinions and what I would do! Hope they help you. 

3 Kudos