Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Affiliate Marketing (approaching companies)

christmasstars
Just visiting

Just wondering if anyone has approached a company themselves about affiliate marketing and (if so) were you successful?

0 Kudos
3 Replies
JanaOMedia
Marvel

Hi @christmasstars! I have approached companies and successfully became an affiliate, yes. For me, it's usually for things like software I use in my business, or for online courses that I have taken and love - and want to share with my email list and community. 

Are you referring to affiliate relationships like that? Or are you talking about more traditional brand partnerships - where a brand pays a creator for creating content (like "UGC" or user generated content) featuring their products? 

0 Kudos
christmasstars
Just visiting

Thanks for getting back Jana.
I've not really thought about specifics. All I know is that I had a company who wanted to advertise on one of my websites a few years ago and, as it's a Christmas Pinterest account I have, I know it gets a lot of seasonal USA traffic. 

It's probably too late in the season now but every year I feel I should really do something to capitalize on the traffic and I was just curious how other had gone about it

1 Kudo
JanaOMedia
Marvel

@christmasstars - that's cool (that you had someone approach you about display ads!). Since you're just starting to think about specifics, I'll point you to this article from Pinterest. It may help you start thinking about different ways to monetize! 

https://business.pinterest.com/how-to-make-money-on-pinterest/ 

Feel free to keep asking questions in this forum! Start a new thread any time you have a specific question. 🙂 

0 Kudos