Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Advice for new Pinners

jaysabs4
Just visiting

Hi Everyone,

New here on Pinterest- I have been doing a ton of research online on how to boost your content and reading articles and everyone's success. I will say it's all very inspiring. I wanted to see if anyone had any other resources they use/ have used to get their content going. So far what I have learned is:

1. Using the Pinterest Trends page and using that to look at key words and sub key words

2. Constantly post make sure that you are posting daily 

3. Re-Pin your own pins

4. Make your pins clickable

5. Good descriptions with key words. But then I read something on "black hat" which I think means over using words which can get you shadow banned.. but the key words all fit my content since it's the same kind of stuff I am posting. 

( not sure what to do about that one) 

Thanks 

Jazmin 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @jaysabs4 ! Glad you are finding inspiration by reading what's worked for others! There's certainly a ton of potential to using Pinterest to get your content in front of a new audience. The fact that you're looking for advice on best practices is a great start! 

A couple things to note on your list, #3. Instead of re-pinning (or saving) your own Pins multiple times, it's best to add fresh "new" Pins to Pinterest. You can create a new image, add text overlay, etc to make a new Pin promoting the same content vs. just saving a duplicate Pin image. Be sure to also add a unique title and description! 

As for #5: Black hat would just be keyword stuffing long lists of words. As long as you are using desired keywords in a conversational tone that will help the Pinner understand what your Pin is about you will be fine. This doesn't mean you cannot have 2 Pins that have the same keyword, just make sure you're descriptions are unique and relevant to what the Pin is about. 

Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
2 Replies
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @jaysabs4 ! Glad you are finding inspiration by reading what's worked for others! There's certainly a ton of potential to using Pinterest to get your content in front of a new audience. The fact that you're looking for advice on best practices is a great start! 

A couple things to note on your list, #3. Instead of re-pinning (or saving) your own Pins multiple times, it's best to add fresh "new" Pins to Pinterest. You can create a new image, add text overlay, etc to make a new Pin promoting the same content vs. just saving a duplicate Pin image. Be sure to also add a unique title and description! 

As for #5: Black hat would just be keyword stuffing long lists of words. As long as you are using desired keywords in a conversational tone that will help the Pinner understand what your Pin is about you will be fine. This doesn't mean you cannot have 2 Pins that have the same keyword, just make sure you're descriptions are unique and relevant to what the Pin is about. 

Hope this helps! 

3 Kudos
rozibob

Am new pinner and need more views and followers

0 Kudos