Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Why My Pinterest Views Drops from 2.09M to 72k [Urgent Query]

dailypaidonline
Just visiting

I am a regular user on Pinterest. I share fresh pins everyday that includes both standard and idea pins. I have noticed that my daily and monthly views is dropping day by day although I am publishing fresh pins regularly. In September 2021, my monthly views was 2.09M. But now it drops to only 72k. I request the experts to review my account and tell me how can I recover it soon.

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @dailypaidonline 

I don't have an exact answer. I'm assuming you've already contacted Pinterest about it.

There are a few specific point that could help explain this overtime drop. These points are the same for any account with similar issues.

- Fluctuations in search for your niche/keywords

- Seasonality

- The higher views were coming from a few pins, and those are not getting the same distribution as before

- The type of images/videos being pinned

- Changes in the platform. every time new features are added, we must expect bumps

- Your followers are not engaging as much with your content

- Your audience may not be searching for what you offer at the moment

- Were you relying on engagement groups or communities to grow?

- Were you using group boards?

- Maybe some keywords used before are not as relevant anymore or not compliant with Pinterest's policies at the moment

Ideas to overcome this include:

- Review all the points mentioned above and do an honest audit.

- Continue creating new and original content

- Checking the trends tool and find out if your niche/keywords is being searched for at the moment and understanding the fluctuations

- Re-evaluating your content and pinning strategy

- Compare your stats with stats from 12 months prior and understand the patterns you'll find

- Observing what type of images/videos your audience engaged the most in the past and produce new content following what worked

- Coming up with different ways to attract your audience and reconnect with your followers.

Pinterest is an ever-changing platform and we must be ready to learn and pivot. What worked before may not work anymore. 

There isn't a one size-fits all answer, but these points will cover many of the possibilities. I hope this helps.

View solution in original post

5 Kudos
3 Replies
terezatoledo
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @dailypaidonline 

I don't have an exact answer. I'm assuming you've already contacted Pinterest about it.

There are a few specific point that could help explain this overtime drop. These points are the same for any account with similar issues.

- Fluctuations in search for your niche/keywords

- Seasonality

- The higher views were coming from a few pins, and those are not getting the same distribution as before

- The type of images/videos being pinned

- Changes in the platform. every time new features are added, we must expect bumps

- Your followers are not engaging as much with your content

- Your audience may not be searching for what you offer at the moment

- Were you relying on engagement groups or communities to grow?

- Were you using group boards?

- Maybe some keywords used before are not as relevant anymore or not compliant with Pinterest's policies at the moment

Ideas to overcome this include:

- Review all the points mentioned above and do an honest audit.

- Continue creating new and original content

- Checking the trends tool and find out if your niche/keywords is being searched for at the moment and understanding the fluctuations

- Re-evaluating your content and pinning strategy

- Compare your stats with stats from 12 months prior and understand the patterns you'll find

- Observing what type of images/videos your audience engaged the most in the past and produce new content following what worked

- Coming up with different ways to attract your audience and reconnect with your followers.

Pinterest is an ever-changing platform and we must be ready to learn and pivot. What worked before may not work anymore. 

There isn't a one size-fits all answer, but these points will cover many of the possibilities. I hope this helps.

5 Kudos
BobbysFitness
Just visiting

Did the big drop start around March 12th?  A lot of us experienced the same right on this day. My standard pins get almost no impressions since then. Also a regular fresh pinner like you.

2 Kudos
keiramc04
Just visiting

Substantial drops in monthly views has been a widespread problem across all of Pinterest. There's probably nothing that you're doing wrong to make this happen and unfortunately I don't think any of the creators have found a way to work around this new problem as of yet

0 Kudos