Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Which Board Should I Save my Story Pins

AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey everyone!

We already know the importance of Story Pins and why should we share them.
But I would like to take some advice from you guys, do you have a special boards for your Stories?

Or do you just share your Stories to relevant boards? I am thinking of creating a new board for my Stories like "Americano Stories" or "Our Stories" but still hesitating.
What do you think is it worth to do that?

1 Kudo
9 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hmmm good topic to start! @theburntsunsetnovel@jfishkind@sweethomelife any thoughts on this? 

1 Kudo
jfishkind
Posts regularly

I am new to story pins and just beginning to play with them, but I would always want to go to my most relevant board! 

1 Kudo
sweethomelife
Just visiting

Oh that is a good question.
I’ve only done one pin which was a waffle board and I pinned it to my Food for special occasion board. (I write mainly on date nights and so on in marriage so I need to think of inventive ways to share my date night ideas using stories).
My answer is probably something no one knows - so if the benefit to us with story pins is increased engagement yes? Is that engagement though a) engagement with the story only OR b) does increased engagement have a flow on effect to our board AND / OR account as a whole? And if that is the case, is that engagement determined by an algorithm or by users themselves?
If engagement really is just limited to the story pin itself, then pin it anywhere. If it algorithmically makes a board stronger, then pin to the most relevant board. If users are more likely to engage with other board content pin where you want that engagement to happen.
And since who knows the answers to those things, personally, I will pin them to the most relevant board!

1 Kudo
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

for now, I have a dedicated story pin board I call " my ideas"

I did this to make it easier to find my pins.  I think I won't know for sure if story pins should go to a relevant board first until we know how these new pins work to help us get a broader audience.  I feel that if it goes to a relevant board, my style of pins won't sit well with someone trying to find specifics because so fa my story pins are more of a "look book"  - like get inspired by these Marvel cocktail.  

Makes sense ?

2 Kudos
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

I pin to the relevant board. In the future, and I may do this with movies as well, I may create two separate boards made from repins of those stories and  movies. In my case 90% of my stories are an actual story (book excerpts) told chronologically. I can see how a reader might want to see all those on one board.

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hey @PinterestGabby thank you for tagging! I really need some ideas!

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@jfishkind heyy! Thank you!

0 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@theburntsunsetnovel  Hey there! Yeah that make sense.

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@coolchillmom  @sweethomelife Hey! Thank you guys, I really appreciate this. Will consider it all!

1 Kudo