Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

When to Refine/Remove Pins

wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Hey folks! I'm beginning to understand that - at some point - we need to remove the pins which aren't 'doing well.' And this is simply because it could, in some way(s), hurt us to keep them on our boards. So, with that, I have a few questions for those who take on this tactic. Feel free to answer just one or all of them 😉

1. Do you remove your own created pins and curated pins? Or just focus on one of these types?

2. How often do you decide to start removing pins from your boards?

3. What's the trigger to begin removing? Where do you draw the line in knowing if a pin will suffice and to keep?

4. If you have many pins which are not performing well, in what ways does/can it hurt an account? 

5. Have you found a 'sweet spot' in the quantity of pins on an account (or board) which drives your action to consistently remove pins to make room for new (and better) pins?

Thanks in advance for any insight about your experience with the above!

3 Kudos
9 Replies
SmokiesToke
Just visiting

Following. I'm revving up my Pinterest and def have some oldies but not goodies. Curious to see what other people say

2 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hi Ash! @wildlifeelathome 

This is a great point!
Some people advice not to delete underperforming pins so we give them a chance to go viral one day. But I think it is okay to delete underperforming pins, so you will have only high quality content on your boards. I don't advice you to delete all these pins at once, because it can get your profile suspended. You can delete 2-3 pins in a day, and clean your boards one by one. The same thing goes for group or collaborative boards. If you accepted too many invitations and now you just can’t keep up, leave the ones that aren’t paying off.

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@wildlifeelathomeHi Ash, great questions! I don't have an answer for this, so I'm curious to see what others have to say. I'm tagging @PinterestGabby & @PinterestJanice to get opinions right from the experts.

1 Kudo
wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Great @SmokiesToke! Glad to know this is intriguing to another, too.

Also wanted to let you know that I tried to look at your Pinterest account through your profile here, but an error showed up. I think its simply because you added the '@' in your permalink. Just a friendly heads up! Still found it 😉 LOVING your boards! 

0 Kudos
wildlifeelathome
Posts regularly

Ooh 😍 so many great little tips Sophia @AmericanoCrystals! The idea of being suspended is a very spooky one, so thank you for those preventative numbers to stick to. I hadn't even thought about that trigger.

I don't think I've deleted one curated pin for years and years, so this entire idea of creating a high quality account has me feeling fresh. But, my heart does go out to your idea to hang on to underperforming pins because how the heck are they suppose to do well if they aren't being saved here and there? 😉

--

And thanks so much for those tags @foodiehomechef - I hadn't thought of that. Or knew we even could grasp insight directly from the pros! 🤓 Here's to hoping.. 🤞

1 Kudo
SmokiesToke
Just visiting

Thank you, I just fixed it. and thank you for the compliments 🙂

0 Kudos
ShaundaNecoleBlog
Just visiting

Hi, @wildlifeelathome !

The good news is that you don't have to worry about deleting and removing old Pins.

There is no ned to delete old Pins- just re-Pin them to other relevant boards, or even better- create new Fresh Pins!

That's why I love Pinterest! It's pretty much this simple: concentrate on creating new Pins and re-Pin the old ones.

I hope this is helpful.😊

Shaunda

ShaundaNecole.com

3 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@wildlifeelathomeOh yes, that's one of the perks of this community... talking directly to some of the Pinterest staff!

1 Kudo
joliehomeinteriors
Just visiting

Following you now

1 Kudo