Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

When Searching On Pinterest ... What Makes You Stop-Look-Click & Follow?

therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades
Labels (6)

Hello PBC Community 👋

I have a question for all of you....

When you're searching or surfing around Pinterest and you see a Pin (even if the Pin is not what you were searching for) for example on your feed or search results what makes you stop look at the Pin Click and maybe even Follow that Board or Person?

Is it any of the following?

👉Information in the Pin (Story Pins)
👉Color | Photo | Text (fonts)
👉Video Pins

Looking for some feedback and maybe tips if anyone is looking to share.

Thank You❤️

6 Kudos
19 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica Great question Lisa! As a graphic designer I'm always attracted to images, mostly. I'm especially attracted to pins that have really great photos/images and a small amount of text. I especially shy away from pins that have a lot of text covering the image... to my eye they're just too "busy" looking. Additionally if you use less text, you're more likely to get people to click through to your site to get more info & that's the whole idea, isn't it? (wink)

I rarely, if ever, save a pin that's blurry or the image in the picture is too close or too far. I also make sure the pin has a good description which helps me know what sort of board(s) I want to save it to.

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef as always great information because @oursmallhours likes words so really interesting to hear what people are thinking about while they are surfing and pinning. I am a lot like you I like the visual but with pop! I really struggle pinning anything food.....I just get so hungry and my mouth starts watering I spend a lot of time working out and skateboarding and yes i do watch what I eat but honestly pinning anything with food does me in but at the same time I love it and its actually one of my favorite things to pin.

I am interested in what makes someone stop - look - click - follow what is the Yes! moment because I think that will explain a lot about how people decide what they pin and follow and how not just myself but all of us can pin to encourage good pinning habits and yes of course drive traffic to our websites...wink wink nudge nudge😉 Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica  I agree that it's so interesting to see the answers from everyone. LOL about what you said about Food Pins... so, so true & sometimes I feel like I'm gaining weight just surfing through the mouthwatering pins!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades
2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

I can attest that I've definitely gained a few extra lbs from scrolling through Pinterest looking at food pics...I may or may not blame @owlbbaking or @foodiehomechef for that one. 😉 

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby @foodiehomechef @owlbbaking I think I pin maybe 2 to 3 pins and then I literally have to stop and get something (healthy) to eat or more tea or coffee.....my mouth starts watering I actually drool a tiny bit its crazy....Lisa😁

2 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

LOL @PinterestGabby !! No joke, pin cravings are a REAL THING! There have been many late night baking sessions thanks to all the yummy treats that pop up in my feed. 😋

3 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

@therealsouthamerica  hahah I feel ya!!! 

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades
1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica    Hilarious! Ha ha ha ha ha!

1 Kudo