Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

What image sizes are you using for Story Pins?

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica @4thHouseOnTheRight @PinterestGabby  and anyone else who want to chime in 😊

I'm finally gonna get my toes wet & make a Story Pin, hopefully over the weekend! I went to this link for advice on images: https://help.pinterest.com/en/business/article/pinterest-product-specs and this is what it said:

Resolution
For full-bleed images and videos, or images and videos that extend to take up the entire screen, we recommend using 1080x1920 pixel size (9:16 ratio).

Aspect ratio
Story Pins’ aspect ratio is 9:16, but there are no restrictions for image or video.

My problem is that all my images at my site are 933x700. My pin size images are mostly 600x600. I'd really like to be able to use the 600x600 or I can crop the 933x700 ones. Any suggestions?

Also do you have any Story Pin tips since I'm just starting out?

Thanks everyone!

3 Kudos
15 Replies
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

@foodiehomechef I only have 1 so far - https://www.pinterest.com/xbydesign/. My plan this weekend was to get a couple more together to post this week.  I still have time I guess 😁

The goal is to start out with per major topic that I cover - interior design & DIY, food & drinks, gardening, self-care. Fingers crossed...

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@4thHouseOnTheRight You have time but admittedly the Story Pins do take a lot of time to prepare and post at least that has been my experience although the results are good.

To my knowledge there are days of the week that are better for certain content and times as well still trying to figure out Pinterest I have only come across one bit of information on days of week and what content to post and then I found this about Instagram on Later:

The Best Time To Post On Instagram In 2021

I thought you might like this as you mentioned above that you post on Insta. I have consistently stayed away but I am slowly learning more about it and really how to do it so I can get on there.

Lisa😁

2 Kudos
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

Thanks Lisa @therealsouthamerica ! I did see the IG article & found it interesting that the 2021 times are pretty much opposite last year's recommendation.

I had no idea that certain days are better for certain content on Pinterest! That info is GOLD!

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@4thHouseOnTheRight Neither did I Nikki - I started searching for information about it because I was speaking with a couple of ladies and they had mentioned about days of the week truly something I never even considered but when I began to think about it really started to make sense - if you track the times and days via Google Analytics then the idea of specific days for posting specific content on Pinterest makes total sense and if Story Pins have added push then if you post on a certain day at a certain time then those Story Pins technically should just completely go off the charts.

When I saw the article on Later about Instagram that was kind of my confirmation about Pinterest if this is the case for other social media than certainly this must be the case for Pinterest .... but strangely no-one has ever mentioned it on Pinterest Business Community.

Either way I'm in on Days of the Week = Content

Lisa😁

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@4thHouseOnTheRight  I had a look Nikki... looks good for just starting out! I'm glad your story pin is static (not with videos) cause that's what I'm planning to make as well.I'll be interested to see your next creations.

I was planning to make my 1st story pin this weekend, but that has to be put off till maybe next weekend, as the time kinda got away from me!

1 Kudo
katiesofia222
Just visiting

Hi, My best Pins is 735×1102, and sometimes I see that users like Pins 800×2000. I will try to post the Pins 600×900 and 600×1260, maybe it should be better.

Thanks

0 Kudos