Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Vlogging on Stories

elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

Hey friends!!

I was wondering if any of you fellow content creators are thinking of ( or have already started) vlogging on your stories, and if so, how is it going?

I've been considering vlogging for awhile now but I'm not a huge fan of posting to Youtube ( personal preference lol) and have for awhile been vlogging on my personal Instagram account, but haven't really done so for my blogging/business related stuff as Stories on Instagram only last 24 hours. 

What appeals to me alot about vlogging on Stories is the fact that A.) Pinterest has a positive, welcoming atmosphere and B.) Stories last indefinitely. 

Anyhow, I'd love to know if any of you are doing this and if not, what type of content plan you have for/with Stories. 

1 Kudo
8 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there - just read your post Great Topic!

I have been trying to do a weekly series re Beginner Fitness Movement Series - Fitness Movement Series.

Response is good and non-existent. 

I find at least for Fitness people just want the bang for the pin - so I can tell them how to do something properly through video|audio|story pin but at the end of the day they only thing they want is the body they see in the video (mine or someone else's) and much of my information that they would have to pay any other trainer (I am not charging) for goes unnoticed and ignored (my opinion) - I often think am I not engaging enough, young enough, like What is it? That said I think vlogging is a great idea I agree with you on Youtube tried that argh what a terrible experience better off on your blog. I do create Story Pins using Video and Audio & add additional information on the workout et al. but in trying to do a weekly series I don't personally think Pinterest is that Audience kudos to you if you can make it work but really the serious pinners followers are all about food | recipes and the like - most of the fitness videos that are really popular on Pinterest either don't belong to the person who pinned it or they are videos that are coming off of  Tik Tok with current music attached on Story Pins you cannot add Current Rap | Hip Hop | Dance music which is also a problem - For Fitness it really does present a huge problem as it is direct competition to Story Pins further followers go to Tik Tok rather following on Pinterest again I stress this is my opinion.

Thoughts?

Lisa

0 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

@therealsouthamerica Thank you so much for sharing what you've been doing re your content on Stories. I'm not sure if this helps at all, but here are some tips that could work for you to increase your ROI on the fitness Stories you have been posting:

What I see ( I'm on my desktop atm so it may look different on my phone) is that your Stories say 'New Workout: Checkout This Story Pin' and the marketer in me thinks that instead it should have some kind of name for the workout, ie '2021 Weightloss Challenge' or something that suggests to the user what they will get out of it, ie a better word removed per Community Guidelines, tighter abs, etc. I also think the video should always be on the first page of the Story Pin as apparently videos always do better on here.

Do you happen to have an email list? I think you could have a call to action everywhere on both the pins and in the description of the pins, or if you prefer, your blog's website url or even your Instagram account.

I know what you mean re people sharing other people's tik tok videos, I've seen quite alot of those do well. Are you currently using Tik Tok at all?

I may experiment with vlogging this week, if I stop procrastinating 😉 I've also been meaning to test posting on Tik Tok but I keep putting it off, for some reason. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi Elizabeth @elizabethashleykelsey - Thank you so much for the follow and definitely for the info & thoughts love constructive and helpful feedback!

I completely agree with you on the name of the pin however Story Pin Stats Have A Look

I did the video to show you how inconsistent my pins seem to be re stats | views & reactions.

I am currently Pivoting - initially my blog | content et al. was for living in South America .... Real Living not resort living but due to the current travel climate I was forced to Pivot which is fine I am a Certified Trainer (Arizona) & I have been training for the last 8 years - but being almost 50 I really wasn't sure if video was the way to go and it seems to me as a trainer that a lot of people really just want the bang without knowing the why or how to get the most from the exercises.  In answer to your question re email list working on that and have created a separate site for southamerica.fit focus is: | Member Based | 40+ | Health Fitness + Workout Content in addition I also created a separate Pinterest Profile https://pin.it/7be4jkQ I am still creating content for.

Tik Tok .... hmmmm I am on the social media fence right now for a whole bunch of very public reasons. What I am not happy with is that people are pulling random fitness videos from Tik Tok uploading to Pinterest and being allowed to include certain music et al. that goes for you tube while if you pin from Pinterest you cannot include current music without permission further it really encourages competition with Story Pins which I prefer over super speed 20 second videos.

I think doing video is great and I fully intend to keep doing it but in terms of initiating a series I think I need to plan more and determine the best course of action in order for it to work.

Lisa😁

0 Kudos
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

@therealsouthamerica Wow, thank you so much for sharing that video!!! First of all, I think all your current story pins actually have pretty good engagement. Mine are about the same ( I have been doing them infrequently) view wise, but I think yours still have more engagement in general.

But yeah that one pin must have gone viral, that's all I can think of. In that case, it's hard to replicate the success bc who knows the exact reason that one pin went viral. 

However, I would keep making the Story pins and just put as much branding as you can into both the pin and the description, and yes def start an email list so you can maybe sell a course or series, or services. Back when I used to do Pinterest marketing ( I had a major crisis happen in my life and stopped working for a few years and when I came back to it, I decided I preferred content creation vs marketing so here I am haha), I built my 3K list exclusively from Pinterest. I got jack all from Instagram or FB, except for engagement and branding.

I think your pins will do very well on here, give it time and keep testing! I really wish that we could have a link we could put at the end of the Story pins, it would be so helpful.

Btw that's awesome you live in South America! I lived in Asia for ten years and just moved back to the states two years ago.

-Elle

P.S. I have a few group boards I can add you to, if you're interested. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@elizabethashleykelsey - To your point near impossible to recreate "pin conditions" interesting right? Don't get me wrong I loved the validation but as to why ..... I really wish I knew.

Thank you for your thoughts and tips its very helpful I wish I could give you more information about vlogging within Pinterest but on YouTube seriously it was a terrible experience for me not where I should be it doesn't represent me very well at all and can be very messy. I prefer to do it a little differently using my own ideas | tools and with the help of some great apps @vimeo & of course Pinterest @PinterestGabby and lets not forget some great people with awesome feedback - being in the Business Community has really helped me and given me a ton of confidence to do what it is I am trying to do putting myself out there its a lot easier when you have support.

As to the Story Pins I actually try really hard for the engagement vs. impressions I like to engage with people on topics like Fitness so when I have the reactions (hoping for verbal) it really makes me feel good about what I have created. I actually like that there is no link on the Story Pins because those who see the Story Pins and reach out to me without clicking on a link says a lot to me (my opinion).

I think your coming back and Pivoting to Content Creation was a good idea based on what I have seen - I think Content Creation is awesome I learn so much by doing it and to be honest I feel more empowered in what I do online I wouldn't trade that for anything.

Being in South America is okay different its only 2 hours from Miami so that is nice I go back frequently because I really do miss it - we have our home in Santa Fe, NM

What was Asia like? Are you glad to be home? Where did you live? If you don't mind me asking.

Group Boards that would be great I appreciate that and I would love to join as southamerica.fit if that is okay? So glad we connected and there it is what the business community is all about.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo
elizabethashleykelsey
Loves to help

Sorry for the delay Lisa!

That's so awesome you like to engage with people on here; I do too! I just had someone post a photo reply to one of my stories, which I appreciated. I really need to make a content plan for the year, I keep putting it off. I'm still brainstorming what product I'm going to offer ( prob ebook or ecourse) around my brand and figure out how to promote it. 

I have a few wellness related boards I could add you to, does that work? Just make sure to read the rules before pinning.

Keep in touch and let me know how things go here on Pinterest. 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Good Morning .......

Wellness Boards that would be great below are links to either profile.

https://pin.it/7AFg0PU

https://pin.it/1CyrOgJ

On the point of content plan let me know how you do - I have actually been working on that using the Notes Option on Boards - is there something better? e-course | e-book both sound good I will watch for it.

Have you started with vlogging yet? Let me know when you do I will definitely watch.

Looking forward to another Story Pin - Lisa😁

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Love the conversation here, you two!! ❤️ 

1 Kudo