Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Video Pins Look Blank?

prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

When we upload Video pins (Idea Pins or regular pins), some of them appear blank on our page. Any idea why this is happening? My blog partner and I have reviewed the settings and templates we are using and can't figure out why some work fine, and others don't.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
hellodebbieroy
Just visiting

You're most welcome. I do the same with Canva, I don't edit the actual video on Pinterest, I just use the “edit cover” function to choose another frame from the video I upload. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
7 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Are you referring to the first video card? There are times that it's black in preview but when you publish everything works out. I'm assuming you've published it and it's still blank?

0 Kudos
hellodebbieroy
Just visiting

If you select “Edit Cover” and then choose a different frame for your video cover, even if it's just a few seconds in, it should fix that for you. Have you tried that? 

1 Kudo
prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

Yes, they appear blank after uploading. When we go to our Pinterest home page, some look fine, and others look blank. 

0 Kudos
prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

Thank you for your help!

0 Kudos
prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

Thank you for trying to help. We typically create the pin layouts with video in Canva then upload to Pinterest. We don't do any edits in Pinterest. Typically we make sure that the cover is a static slide, with any animations on subsequent slides. However, we are uploading MP4 files that automatically scroll through the slides, even if the first one is static.

1 Kudo
hellodebbieroy
Just visiting

You're most welcome. I do the same with Canva, I don't edit the actual video on Pinterest, I just use the “edit cover” function to choose another frame from the video I upload. 

1 Kudo
prepmyrecipe
Just visiting

Great suggestion! We'll try that!

1 Kudo