cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

this is so disheartening. I loved Pinterest & feel like this is a bad relationship

Highlighted
Just visiting

Update on my situation... this is so disheartening. I've seen no improvements at all. 

And I tried to reach out to Pinterest to see if I could get any updates on my account since it has now been experiencing this issue for almost 8 weeks and I had the rudest person get back to me. Basically, he told me that there was nothing wrong with my accounts, all his colleagues have told me the same thing and that it's annoying to keep having to tell me the same thing over and over again. 

Yet, the issue is what he said was completely untrue. Multiple of his colleagues have verified that there is an issue with my account. They were nice, apologized, and told me it would be fixed within 8 weeks (maximum time). And now this person is acting like that is untrue. 

I love Pinterest...well I used to love Pinterest. But dealing with all of this is just awful. I have never experienced talking to a support staff who acts like you are basically crazy and that there is nothing wrong. There is clearly something wrong with my account. 

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice If either of you could please help me, every time I talk to someone from Pinterest support I honestly just want to cry because they are all over the place. Especially after talking to this last person, who was so word removed per Community Guidelines and mean to me. My account has had basically zero reach since August 12th. I went from over 1 million impressions, to now 56 k impressions (and that number keeps going down), all of my fresh pins get practically zero impressions and almost all of my ranking pins have disappeared from search. I was getting hundreds of clicks per day and am now only getting a few clicks on a good day. I have put so much time and effort into building my Pinterest and it is heartbreaking to see what is happening to my account, even more so when people at Pinterest support try to point blame on me, by telling me it is my fault that my reach is down and that I need to create more fresh pins. 

4 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
Loves to help

We hear your voice and empathize with your situation.

I looked at your board and you have a good number of boards, your pins are nice and it appears you are active.

There are a couple of things going on right now.

First, there have been some changes in Pinterest that have affected all of us. I woke up one day and my total repins dropped by 45K. I felt really bad until someone else posted that they had lost 32 million repins. Pinterest normal activity seems to be coming back a bit.

Second, your board is about travel. In 2019, the TSA screened 2 million people a day in the US, now it screens 100,000. That is a 95% decrease in Travel. I will suggest to you are seeing the same thing that a Christmas board might see in the middle of July; a substantial decrease in traffic.

Ironically, your traffic has also dropped by 95%. Do you see the relationship? I don't think Pinterest has abandoned you. I think there are many fewer people interested in traveling.

So, what do you do?

Evolve with the market. Change your focus to car trips, domestic travel and staycations. Come to the realization that you can't promote Disney, when the park is closed because of COVID-19.

There are more people than ever on Pinterest. Tap into their interests. That may even mean developing a second board with a popular topic until the travel industry recovers.

What you should not do is beat yourself up or blame Pinterest. I have dealt with their support people and there is some validity that sometimes they can be testy so you are not alone, but recently they have had a huge amount of inquiries to answer.

In every industry and every topic, there will be ebbs and flows. Find a constructive outlet while the travel industry recovers.

Highlighted
Just visiting

Hi,

I see where you are coming from, however, my traffic actually improved after all the travel restrictions and the beginning of COVID. So this is not what it is. In April I hit a drop and began pinning inspirational types of destinations, outdoorsy travel, and staycation types of things and my travel was increasing every day. My Pinterest impressions were actually better during this time than previously. I appreciate your input, however, this is certainly not as an issue of ebbs and flows. This is an issue that none of my pins are visible or reaching anyone. This began when many travel restrictions were lifted and I was already getting tons of impressions and clicks per day in August.

What I am referring to is a drastic drop in one day time, when all my fresh pins stopped getting any impressions and my pins disappeared from search.  

Highlighted
Loves to help

if there is anything that Pinterest is doing to reduce your account visibility, it can be found in this test. Check it out.

[link removed] 

Highlighted
Problem-solver

Excellent advice @abetterresume !

Please follow me on Pinterest: Foodie Home Chef Thanks! Simone ♥
Get ready for the holidays: Halloween Spooktacular & Fall / Thanksgiving & Christmas