Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story Pin Suggestion

jfishkind
Posts regularly

I am not sure if I am missing it, but is there a way to link the story pin to my website? I love the story pins, but they are a lot of work if they cannot generate traffic.

2 Kudos
8 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @jfishkind! Currently, we do not support external links with Story Pins. This thread has the answer to your question and some more info if you want to check it out. 📌

Edited to update link in thread: 6/7/20

1 Kudo
jfishkind
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby this link goes to Spotify LOL! 

1 Kudo
patternprin0022
Posts regularly

I think you put the wrong link in. it takes you to spotify. Where is the answer?

0 Kudos
ideachicretail
Loves to help

here is @PinterestGabby response in another thread, perhaps the one she tried to link. "we’re always experimenting with new products and features, and sometimes we iterate on a product to improve your experience. The most recent version of Story Pins does not support links, but you may see Story Pins that were published using a different version of the product. Hope this helps! 📌

1 Kudo
ideachicretail
Loves to help

While links would be great. In the mean time there seems to be priority to the stories and like videos I see more activity faster which is bringing general increase in monthly viewers and other on Pinterest stats, which could drive to website. I think that is happening in my experience.

David

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Oh gosh...well, now everyone here knows my love for Willie Nelson. 😅

I just updated my comment with a link to the correct thread, but @ideachicretail is right! Thank you for the assist there, btw.

2 Kudos
jfishkind
Posts regularly

LOL - 

I will say, I love the idea of the story pins and how they function, but they do take a good amount of time to create them. For me personally, in order to invest the time, I would need it to be able to link to my site. Especially because my site focuses on food, I need a way to get my audience the entire recipe and instructions.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback, @jfishkind! We'll make a note of this and share with our internal teams. 😊

0 Kudos