Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Story Pin Impression Decreased

cescavie
Just visiting

I uploaded a story pin two days ago. Yesterday, it got 11k impressions, 345 pin clicks and 4 saves. Today it went down to 213 impressions, 40 pin clicks and 2 saves. I don’t know what’s going on. Here’s the link to that post: https://pin.it/1H5OMzt

Not sure if related, but I just posted another story pin and it’s been a couple hours and it’s not showing me stats but I can see 4 people hearted it. I usually am able to view my stats at this time. Here’s the link for this post: https://pin.it/6v8UNbt

0 Kudos
8 Replies
mohahhmed

ممكن تفاصيل اكثر لو سمحتي والله يجزيكم الخير

0 Kudos
goinformednet
Just visiting

I've noticed this kind of drop off is pretty common with story pins. The vast amount of reach is in the first 24 hours.

0 Kudos
tinycraft
Posts regularly

Tbh, it might just not have performed well enough to be shown to more people. I'm not sure what metrics Pinterest mainly looks at, but that seems like a pretty low amount of saves for that amount of impressions.

But I'm in a different niche that is not as saturated as makeup probably, so not 100% sure.

0 Kudos
cescavie
Just visiting

I just never seen a metric that goes up and down. Not even Instagram. Is that common on Pinterest?

0 Kudos
SeasonsInColour
Just visiting

I have noticed this too, especially with older Stories (I used them back in Jan 2020 first time)

0 Kudos
tinycraft
Posts regularly

How do you mean up and down?

It makes sense that at some point Pinterest doesn't show the same pin over and over to people, unless it has really good engagements etc.

Gotta make room for new stuff.

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@cescavie are you perhaps looking at different date range when looking at the stats? 

0 Kudos
cescavie
Just visiting

Not sure how to do that. I just go to my page and click on my story pins where it automatically shows my stats. I haven’t closely tracked my other posts but I don’t think this has happened to my previous posts.

0 Kudos