Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Special events happening today 📌

PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager
Labels (4)

Hi everyone! Wanted to quickly highlight a couple events happening today incase anyone is able to make some extra room in their schedule. 

Facebook Live with Pinterest & Tailwind: 11am PST, 2pm EST 

Join Lucy Matthews, Pinterest Partnership Manager with Alisa Meredith and Jeff Sieh from @tailwind as they discuss some of the-most-commonly-asked questions about what works on Pinterest today. Topics include:

• What’s the best way to get more traffic on Pinterest now?
  • How can I make MY Pins more engaging and successful today?
  • How can I make truly unique Pins if I’m starting with just ONE image?

Access the livestream here

US Creator Office Hours: 1pm PST, 4pm EST  

Every Thursday, US creators can join our weekly office hour that covers trends, product updates, a Story Pin showcase and a Q&A forum. This is your chance to speak directly to the Pinterest team and share any burning questions you have about creators tools and products. 

If you’d like to attend, request to join here! You'll receive a calendar invite from the team once you've filled out the form. 😊

We hope to see you at one of these events today and as always, feel free to drop us a note in the comments if you have any questions. See you soon! 

5 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
missaliss07
Just visiting

The almond cake example had different headings but the same picture for each pin. I thought the new alogrythim wanted unique pins with a new photo for each. Not reusing a photo or a stock photo. What makes it a unique pin? the image, the text or both must be unique?

View solution in original post

7 Kudos
8 Replies
tailwind
Loves to help

See you there! ~ Alisa

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

If anyone has questions from either the Tailwind livestream or Office Hours, drop 'em below! ❤️

1 Kudo
missaliss07
Just visiting

The almond cake example had different headings but the same picture for each pin. I thought the new alogrythim wanted unique pins with a new photo for each. Not reusing a photo or a stock photo. What makes it a unique pin? the image, the text or both must be unique?

7 Kudos
bandbliss
Just visiting

Does it hurt, help, or not matter at all with the new algorithm to archive my own pins that are not performing well (have little to no views, clicks, saves).  Also - are hashtags still useful in the pin description?  I've read conflicting information on both these questions.

3 Kudos
faramagan
Just visiting

Hey Gabby

Hope you're well. I think it was a recurring theme in the Tailwind livestream comments that so many Pinterest users are seeing a massive decline in impressions and thus clicks. We have followed the advice to create fresh pins using Pinterest's best practices, engage daily and pin manually as well as schedule yet our pins are not being seen. Impressions have nose-dived alongside clicks and pinning. It was a little odd that this was not addressed in the Livestream, which is one of the main reason so many of us tuned in. Please can you advise what the reasoning is and how we can resolve it? Many thanks 🙂

8 Kudos
everydaykatemay
Just visiting

I second this! As much as I've ALWAYS loved Pinterest, I was extremely disappointed to see the elephant in the room not addressed in the livestream. It has made me not trust Pinterest. I agree with some that eventually, it may not be worth working with Pinterest because of the confusion with the updates every few months.. it's exhausting! We need some upfront answers.

Like many others, I too, noticed a distinct drop in my impressions. I also noticed my account became unverified. I have been working hard to do everything that the livestream talked about and that Pinterest has recommended. I have strived to follow all the SEO rules, yet it's clear that something still isn't right.

What exactly has changed in the algorithm? What new updates do we need to know in terms of optimizing our Pinterest accounts?

What can we do to get our impressions back up and growing?

Is it true that repinning other pins do not help our account? Is it now strictly about growing our own pages with our own fresh pins?

Is there any algorithm updates that make Tailwind repins show less than those uploaded directly?

Do pins linking to Instagram or other sites get fewer impression than those linking to blogs? 

Has my account been demoted/categorized lower/marked as spam (though I didnt get any notification) in the algorithm? I have to wonder since my account was mysteriously and secretly unverified.

Pinterest has been amazing in helping bloggers like myself grow, and I hope that it can be that way again soon. Though we realize it is not directly your fault, @PinterestGabby, we're hoping you can get us some direct answers instead of the roundabout responses I've seen literally everywhere. 

Thank you!!

4 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@missaliss07 @everydaykatemay @faramagan @bandbliss wow, so many new people!! Welcome to the community, everyone! Wanted to let you know that we're working on a post that will address your questions and will also cover other questions asked during the @tailwind livestream. We'll be sure to let you know once it's live. Thank you all for sharing your questions here and again, welcome to the community, we're excited to have you here! ❤️

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hellooo, @missaliss07@everydaykatemay@faramagan, and @bandbliss! Wanted to let you all know that the Tailwind x Pinterest Q&A from the FB livestream a few weeks ago is now live in the community. Feel free to take a look and let me know if you have questions. Thank you for joining the community and sharing your feedback/questions with us. 💕

1 Kudo