Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Secret Boards and Fresh Pins

plattertalk
Just visiting
Labels (3)

Does Pinterest consider new content that is reshared from a secret board as fresh (new) content?  I have been creating new pins and saving them to a secret board, from which they are scheduled in the future. Do you think these will be considered as "new" even though they came from a secret board?    @PinterestGabby or @PinterestJanice, any thoughts?  Thanks so much!

4 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@girlmeetstheworld, @foodiehomechef, @plattertalk -- secret Pins and boards won't appear in search, the home feed or anywhere else on Pinterest. Once the Pin is placed in a public space, the Pin(s) are able to be distributed throughout the platform. Rather than the Pin(s) being considered 'fresh', they're now open to being discoverable on our platform. Hope that makes sense! 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
6 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Interesting question, looking forward to hearing from the managers with an answer!

1 Kudo
girlmeetstheworld
Just visiting

@plattertalk That is an interesting question.

As far as I understand Pinterest, it considers every new image as 'fresh'. Once you've uploaded them on Pinterest, I do not think it would be considered as fresh or new as it has already been pinned once but I would love to hear thoughts on this 🙂

- Girl Meets The World

3 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@girlmeetstheworld, @foodiehomechef, @plattertalk -- secret Pins and boards won't appear in search, the home feed or anywhere else on Pinterest. Once the Pin is placed in a public space, the Pin(s) are able to be distributed throughout the platform. Rather than the Pin(s) being considered 'fresh', they're now open to being discoverable on our platform. Hope that makes sense! 

1 Kudo
LFHPinterestMarketing
Posts regularly

TailWind is now saying you have to have a new URL and image for a pin to be considered fresh, is this true? I was told by another Pinterest employee that was not the case and that Pinterest wants us to focus on new images. @PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @LFHPinterestMarketing, welcome to the PBC! A fresh Pin is a new image published to Pinterest. However, the title, description, and URL must also be considered. While Pinterest does not necessarily give preference to newer URLs, newer Pins likely feature content that is more timely and relevant and hence more likely to be useful for users. Consequently, if you’re updating images on old Pins, please also take the opportunity to refresh your titles, descriptions, and links, as providing value to Pinners is the best way to improve your performance over time. Hope that helps clarify. 🙂

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Excellent advice as always @PinterestGabby ! I can testify to what you said... as I have been creating a lot of new pin designs with new titles, descriptions, eliminating hashtags & replacing them with keywords for older posts and it seems to be a magic combo!

1 Kudo