Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest works only for a certain niche? Please Help!

wittysparks
Just visiting

Hello Team,

@pinterestbr @PinterestGabby @Anonymous @PinterestBrad @pinteresthelp 

I hope you all are safe and keeping good health during these tough times. 

We have been using Pinterest for years now and tried all the strategies which were mentioned in most of the Pinterest paid and free courses, we tried all these strategies mentioned by Pinterest experts:

- Quality images with stock photos and illustrations and graphics by maintaining aspect ratio

- Video Pins

- Gif Pins

- Frequent pinning (Suggested 10 to 15 pins per day)

- Keyword-rich pins

Tried everything but could not get the desired traffic.

Is that Pinterest works only on a certain niche?

We publish quality articles on the following topics: Tech, Business, Marketing, Health, Finance, etc.

I can see a couple of pinners in this niche are doing good. But not sure where we are failing to get our pins noticed and improve the CTR.

Will Pinterest consider domain analytics to bring our pins to the top? like considering SEO, Domain Rank, Page Authority, Pagespeed, Content quality, etc.? If so we are maintaining it well.

We have done all that we can do, took most of the top free and paid Pinterest courses, even using the Tailwind scheduling app to maintain the frequency for a year now, but still not able to understand the algorithm.

Our only concern is our quality articles are not getting noticed, I would really appreciate if someone can check our profile and help us where we lack or what we need to do to get our pins noticed?

We are following all the guidelines shared by Pinterest.

One question is always on my head, why one should pin 10 to 25 pins per day? Is that a standard or a trick to get the pins noticed in the crowd? Most of the top pinners are suggesting the same to pin pin pin daily and you will see the result after 3 or 6 months, not sure how and why. I'm sure this is an algorithm word removed per Community Guidelines by top pinners.

I even saw a couple of pinners suggested to create different graphics for one single article and shuffling these graphics with various titles and descriptions leading to the single article. Not sure if this is the desired practice.

I appreciate your detailed response in this regard.
We really want to contribute quality content and get the desired and quality results from this big community.

Thanks,
3 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@wittysparks @foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby @simplepinmedia @owlbbaking Hi there all of your questions are really great and this is definitely the place to ask glad you are here.

I read your post and I went to your Pinterest Account and it is good but I think it can be even better. I have made a short video and included some examples of some of our PBC members accounts to provide you with some more ideas that might be what you are looking for. I have also tagged one of Community Managers Gabby .... our Pinterest Guru and I have tagged other PBC members who can provide some awesome advice and ideas.

👉SEO is everything including in your Account Description | Board Descriptions | Pin Descriptions - one way to find out about what is trending on Pinterest is by using the Trends Feature (I added to the video)
👉Quality Images & Video are key to telling your business story regardless of what you do - Using Adobe Spark | PicMonkey | Vimeo (free trial available) and other useful apps that work amazing with Pinterest
👉Get ideas from other Pinterest Members remember Pinterest is about sharing a visual story and there are so many great Pinterest Members with some really inspiring and awesome accounts you can't help but get inspired and get the creative flowing
👉Time - if I have learned anything about Pinterest its that it will take time to build followers et al. its important to understand how Pinterest works but producing quality eye-catching and informative pins is definitely from my perspective more important
👉Consistency is key on Pinterest - everything from boards to pins (when looking at some of the other pages I have added below consider consistency in how their accounts look and feel but visually if you you know what I mean - any personal pins or just 'other' pins should be kept on a Private Board or Personal Pinterest Account (I have a couple of boards that are private that I pin to I have noted that in the video)
👉I pin 6 pins per board sometimes 2x a day and sometimes 5x a day but I do based on my schedule not the other way around 
👉I do use Pinterest Ads when I create a new Blog Post I create a Pin to go with it and then Click Promote - Ads are completely up the individual business owner I have had a good experience with Pinterest Ads especially in defining my audience and learning what my audience and potential audience are interested in
👉I spend a lot of time here in the community and I learn as much as I can from other PBC members reading their posts and advice and tackling and resolving issues collectively which is really what the Pinterest Business Community is all about

Consider This

Video

Member Pages:

https://www.pinterest.com/simplepinmedia/

https://www.pinterest.com/owlbbaking/

https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/

https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427/

I hope this helps Lisa😁

Let us know how your doing.

View solution in original post

8 Kudos
9 Replies
wittysparks
Just visiting

Just wanted to check if my query was clear. I appreciate your response.

0 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@wittysparks @foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby @simplepinmedia @owlbbaking Hi there all of your questions are really great and this is definitely the place to ask glad you are here.

I read your post and I went to your Pinterest Account and it is good but I think it can be even better. I have made a short video and included some examples of some of our PBC members accounts to provide you with some more ideas that might be what you are looking for. I have also tagged one of Community Managers Gabby .... our Pinterest Guru and I have tagged other PBC members who can provide some awesome advice and ideas.

👉SEO is everything including in your Account Description | Board Descriptions | Pin Descriptions - one way to find out about what is trending on Pinterest is by using the Trends Feature (I added to the video)
👉Quality Images & Video are key to telling your business story regardless of what you do - Using Adobe Spark | PicMonkey | Vimeo (free trial available) and other useful apps that work amazing with Pinterest
👉Get ideas from other Pinterest Members remember Pinterest is about sharing a visual story and there are so many great Pinterest Members with some really inspiring and awesome accounts you can't help but get inspired and get the creative flowing
👉Time - if I have learned anything about Pinterest its that it will take time to build followers et al. its important to understand how Pinterest works but producing quality eye-catching and informative pins is definitely from my perspective more important
👉Consistency is key on Pinterest - everything from boards to pins (when looking at some of the other pages I have added below consider consistency in how their accounts look and feel but visually if you you know what I mean - any personal pins or just 'other' pins should be kept on a Private Board or Personal Pinterest Account (I have a couple of boards that are private that I pin to I have noted that in the video)
👉I pin 6 pins per board sometimes 2x a day and sometimes 5x a day but I do based on my schedule not the other way around 
👉I do use Pinterest Ads when I create a new Blog Post I create a Pin to go with it and then Click Promote - Ads are completely up the individual business owner I have had a good experience with Pinterest Ads especially in defining my audience and learning what my audience and potential audience are interested in
👉I spend a lot of time here in the community and I learn as much as I can from other PBC members reading their posts and advice and tackling and resolving issues collectively which is really what the Pinterest Business Community is all about

Consider This

Video

Member Pages:

https://www.pinterest.com/simplepinmedia/

https://www.pinterest.com/owlbbaking/

https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/

https://www.pinterest.com/realsouthamerica0427/

I hope this helps Lisa😁

Let us know how your doing.

8 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Well said @therealsouthamerica !! I think you pretty much covered it!

@wittysparks  

I totally understand where you're coming from.  It sounds like you have a very good understanding of the necessary pillars to gain traffic from Pinterest, so it may just be a matter of time now or slightly tweaking your strategy a bit more. 😊

I took a look at your page as well and I think your pins are looking good!! If anything I think you could use a bit more text in the descriptions; try to incorporate hot keywords to boost the SEO part of your pin. 

You can find these keywords by typing out some topics in the Pinterest search bar and see what suggestions pop up. These are the key phrases that people are searching for. You may even find that they differ slightly from Google keyword research.

I used to pin 15-20x a day, but given the more recent Pinterest algo changes, I pin less but I make sure I pin new pins. Avoid recycling content too much. I recommend creating at least 5-6 images per blog post and shuffle through those before repeating old pins. 

I hope that helps a little!!

Take care & best of luck to you!

4 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Sorry, I accidentally clicked on "Accept as Solution"

Apologies for any confusion!!

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Excellent tips @owlbbaking and @therealsouthamerica!! @wittysparks I'd also recommend checking out some resources you might find helpful/applicable for your strategy. 

• Pinterest Academy: online courses that help you learn at your own pace. Learn how to connect with your audience, optimize your campaigns, and creative best practices. Highly recommend 😉 
  • Pinterest Trends Tool: discover what's trending on Pinterest and apply it to your content strategy 
  • Pinterest Business site: learn how to reach your goals 
  • SEO tips: like Lisa mentioned, SEO is 🔑! This is a great article that we highlighted the other week you might find useful. 

The PBC is also a fantastic resource [I'm biased, though ;)] for getting tips and tricks from other businesses and creators on Pinterest. Give us a shout if you need anything, and look forward to seeing you around the community! 

5 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@wittysparks @therealsouthamerica @owlbbaking @PinterestGabby This is such a great thread  with a lot of great answers & insights! I really don't have anything to add, as everybody has pretty much covered it all!

To Lisa... you've really gone above & beyond in your response... great job my friend! 😊

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef @owlbbaking @PinterestGabby thank you for sharing and getting involved on this pin your advice | tips & ideas are always the best. Lisa😁

2 Kudos
wittysparks
Just visiting

@therealsouthamerica @owlbbaking 

Thank you Lisa for sharing the video, that was really helpful and also for sharing your practical insights on how one can win Pinterest hearts.

Liz - Appreciate your insights too on quality, SEO, and frequency of pinning.

And, thanks to @PinterestGabby for broad insights

I have tried the following for years now, but I think need to change my strategy with SEO and keywords as a major consideration.
Tried:
- Quality stock photos and illustrations for design rich pins
- Frequency 15 to 20 unique pins per day
- Repinned other quality contents
- Video pins
- Gif pins

What will do next:
- Private board for repins
- SEO, keyword research

I hope to get some visibility from Pinterest 🙂 Fingers crossed 🙂

Thanks a lot again for the valuable and practical insights.

I'll share my statistics after a few days.

One last and quick question I have, if I update the existing posts with keyword-rich content, would that work? or Pinterest only considers fresh pins with keyword-rich content?

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@wittysparks Hello! To be honest I have never done that so I personally cannot say for sure, but I suspect its better with fresh pins. That's just my thought but see what other members think. Lisa😁

P.S. Thanks for the follow I followed you back.

@owlbbaking @foodiehomechef @PinterestGabby 

1 Kudo