Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Impressions - Story Pins vs Regular Pins

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

I've attached a screenshot of my latest pins....there are 3 regular pins with Brand New Images that got horrible impression (less than 5????). But then my story pin received almost 3K impressions in less than 12 hours.

While I'm happy to see that the story pin is performing well, it does not offer a click through to my website. 

Are story pins being given that much more "love" than regular, new and >

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@healthyambitionsteam that's a nice jump indeed! Story Pins are surfaced across Pinterest to get Pinners the content we know they need now, from the Today Tab, Home Feed, within search results, and more. Top Story Pins can be surfaced to users within minutes of publishing, delivering better performance and faster feedback and engagement. 

There's actually a thread on this if you want to take a peek from @theburntsunsetnovel, too. Hope this helps! 

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
7 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help
0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@healthyambitionsteam that's a nice jump indeed! Story Pins are surfaced across Pinterest to get Pinners the content we know they need now, from the Today Tab, Home Feed, within search results, and more. Top Story Pins can be surfaced to users within minutes of publishing, delivering better performance and faster feedback and engagement. 

There's actually a thread on this if you want to take a peek from @theburntsunsetnovel, too. Hope this helps! 

3 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Thanks @PinterestGabby , it just feels as if my regular pins have been shadowbanned. I went from Thousands of impressions on new pins to single-digit impressions on new pins seemingly overnight, and my clickthroughs are down 75% overall. 

But then, the feature that doesn't have click-through options (story pins), but take significantly longer to make is taking off....now at almost 7K impressions...great for Pinterest, not great for my website.

1 Kudo
theburntsunsetnovel
Loves to help

@healthyambitionsteam 

pintrest business.jpg

@PinterestGabby I had to submit this response as a picture because I kept getting the red banner. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Appreciate the feedback, @healthyambitionsteam, I'll go ahead and share with our team. I'd also recommend filing a ticket here so our support team can look into the impressions drop. 

@theburntsunsetnovel, thanks for flagging. I tagged you in this thread so we can keep track. Thanks!

0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Thanks @PinterestGabby !! I have submitted a ticket.

1 Kudo
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

wow @healthyambitionsteam.  This is such an eye opener!  Thanks for sharing about the board reset.  

Plus I do all my entertainment movie reviews and interviews with the same titles and heading formats.  I might need to rethink that strategy!  I thought it was helping for branding purposes since the main image was different

Thanks for the insight 

1 Kudo