Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest Comments

healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Curiosity Question...

I see a new notification icon for Pinterest specifically for comments (pc version, not mobile), which I don't remember seeing before.

Other social media platforms encourage engagement with the audience through responding to comments (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube). 

Outside of responding "just because", is there a benefit for the algorithm when responding to Pinterest comments?

3 Kudos
11 Replies
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help
0 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Curiosity Question...

I see a new notification icon for Pinterest specifically for comments (pc version, not mobile), which I don't remember seeing before.

Other social media platforms encourage engagement with the audience through responding to comments (Facebook, Instagram, Youtube). 

Outside of responding "just because", is there a benefit for the algorithm when responding to Pinterest comments?

2 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @healthyambitionsteam , great question! We encourage creators to engage with Pinners [comments/likes] as doing so tends to contribute to audience growth. Hope that helps! 🤗

1 Kudo
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

@healthyambitionsteam Hey!

You can reply and like comments and the “tried it” photos that users left on your pins. You can ask questions, say thanks, and more. The more engagement – the higher the virality of your pins.

Sophia 🙂

3 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@healthyambitionsteam Hello I have the same thing on my profile but I do engage on other pins and the responses | likes don't come through Engagement Icon they come through Notifications.

Personally, I can't imagine that there would be an benefit for the algorithm only for you.

Lisa😀

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

I love that new feature... actually I was sort of horrified to see how many people had commented on some of my pins in the last 2 years & I had no idea! This new feature let's me keep on top of it, as I feel it's very important to interact with folks who take the time to make a comment & show them you care by responding to their comment... but that's just my opinion.

3 Kudos
sweethomelife
Just visiting

I've found some comments to be really useful. For example when someone didn't like something I'd written and I saw their point and changed it. I have also had some super hurtful comments though. Ones that aren't really personal (eg my post on creative hobbies for women where two people have commented my ideas are basically from the 1800s) I have left. I didn't try to justify myself especially when I saw one commenter had boards on 1/2 my ideas... I also have had a lot of spam comments lately but I delete those. Spells and "come see my boards for great gifts."

3 Kudos
jfishkind
Posts regularly

I actually love the engagement section in Pinterest. I always thank them for posting a photo or comment and encourage them to leave a rating and comment on the blog post itself. I have received a lot of new comments and ratings on the og post because of these interactions! 

3 Kudos
coolchillmom
Posts regularly

I feel Pinterest wants to move more in the community direction as opposed to the beautiful search engine with equate it with.  With that in mind, interact and reply to your comments!

1 Kudo