Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinterest and Tailwind

jfishkind
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby & @PinterestJanice There were some strange emails circulating over the last day or so about Tailwind and recommendations not to schedule pins through them and that they would recommend pinning direct on Pinterest. They also mentioned that there is an issue with how Tailwind marks pins as new pins as opposed to repins and this is not good in Pinterest's eyes.

Can you help us get the facts straight on this as people are kinda freaking out about Tailwind right now and pin schedulers?

Thanks so much.

4 Kudos
6 Replies
typicallytopical
Loves to help

@tailwind I read on a Reddit forum that this was just a misunderstanding in communication, but I know a lot of creators are worrying about this. Could you clarify please? Thank you 🙂

2 Kudos
pinconcierge

Currently the word from @tailwind is that an official statement will be coming out on 6/11 or 6/12.  We all want clarification and awaiting that statement is probably gonna be our best source.

4 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hey @jfishkind ! Taking a beat to let you know we're working towards faster acknowledgments in the future. Apologies if you felt like we didn't acknowledge your @ tag. 😞

We do have communication for this question to share out shortly. I'll make sure to drop a link here once we've posted it. 

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi all, following up on this thread here with our recent post addressing this. 

0 Kudos
jfishkind
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby Thanks so much for the information, but I am not sure how this addresses the emails that pinners were getting specific to Tailwind. Would you be able to elaborate or clarify?

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hey @jfishkind ! Good to see you again. 🙂 The post is pretty dense but the portion that is relevant to this conversation is the following:

@PinterestGabby wrote:

We encourage creators to continue to post original, fresh Pins to see what resonates with their audience on Pinterest. This is true whether you publish content through Pinterest directly or through a third party scheduling tool.

We've updated the messaging for support teams to avoid any further confusion around the use of third-party tools. 

3 Kudos