Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pins' links were CHANGED to AMAZON.com without my knowledge

julyloveprints
Just visiting

I found out that my most popular pins' links were changed to AMAZON.com, and I have no idea what's going on. Is this happening to anybody else? 

Do you have any idea what's going on here?

1 Kudo
9 Replies
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@julyloveprints Hi there glad you made it to the community. 

If your having issues like this I would take them down and then upload with proper links et al. 

I have had similar problems with my URL et al. and I have had to redo a lot of content.

I hope this helps you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
hostesstori
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Are these actual Pins YOU Pinned to your boards? Or, are they Pins someone else re-pinned of yours or uploaded the image themselves?

0 Kudos
julyloveprints
Just visiting

They are THE actual pins, my pins. I know that they were mine coz they're the ones always showing on top when searching for specific keywords.

1 Kudo
julyloveprints
Just visiting

I tried to report them as copyright, so they'd be removed. Still waiting for Pinterest response tho.

It's frustrating, and the fact that you have no idea how it happens -- so still no idea to prevent this in the future.

0 Kudos
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@julyloveprints Hi there sounds like they took your pins and changed them and redirected them. It can happen, have you checked other pins you have created? Lisa

0 Kudos
julyloveprints
Just visiting

Yeah, sad to say 😞

1 Kudo
bodymindmood
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@julyloveprints Right, Chin Up - Can you change them back? I realize its a lot of work but I am suggesting to remove those pins and re-pin fresh and provide a new link without allowing Comments | Photo Downloads. I say this because it sounds like your other pins haven't been noticed by Pinterest as being redirected but if someone reports these pins et al. you could be blocked and I honestly think its better to address this before any issues arise. If you remove the pins and "fresh up" and then re-pin the pins that have already been redirected won't work and would I assume be removed once you remove them. Please don't do this all at once (I don't know how many you have) but if its a lot then do it slowly. Lastly, whoever has done this won't know.

Further I have included a short video for you to check if you URL is secure - you don't have to do anything just go to your website and check if it is secure .... See Video.

Check Website Security

If you don't see a Padlock to show its secure then you need to make sure your website has both SSL & HSTS Secure then find out how to activate it.

Website Security (Squarespace) I have attached some information from Squarespace (I realize you may not be with Squarespace) but all the same the info. is important! 

HSTS Secure helps to prevent low grade attacks and will force the browsers to view only the secure version of your website hence harder to do anything bad ....

Let me know - I hope this helps you.

Lisa

0 Kudos
karenlklink7

Same thing has happened to me, and it word removed per Community Guidelines me off. It's as though someone just robbed me of my content and made it their own. What a bunch of bullies!

0 Kudos
PinterestIvania

Hi @karenlklink7, welcome to the Community and thank you for sharing your feedback.

I've shared this feedback with our team. We'll be sure to keep this in mind as we continue to build out new features and improve the current ones.

Thank you again for sharing!

0 Kudos