Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Pinning / Repinning Limit

MyModernCave
Just visiting

Hi all, 

I am a Shopify store owner and recently opened a Pinterest account. I also have a Tailwind account. I am still learning the features of Pinterest. As far as I understood, there are two main ways to pin. The first is to create pins and the second method is to repin others' pins. So I was informed by Tailwind that the recommended pinning limit is 15-25 pins per day. Anything more than 50 pins a day, I am putting my account at risk, Tailwind says. But I came across a few Pinterest accounts that have millions and millions of pins on their boards. For example, Wayfair.com has 148,852, 160 pins (148 million). It is clear that Wayfair is pinning/repinning like crazy (Am I being wrong here? If yes, someone please explain the numbers. I mean it's 148 million!). My doubt is that how come accounts that pin thousands and thousands of pins every day not putting their accounts at risk. Can I also repin a few hundred/ thousand pins every single day without putting my account at risk? Please educate me.

Thanks

2 Kudos
8 Replies
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@MyModernCave Those accounts are usually very old but that's still a huge number xD

I personally would never risk being suspended for spamming if you pin too much and stick with the max of 25 🙂

You don't even need that many at all 🙂

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@MyModernCave @PinterestJanice @PinterestGabby   I'd also like to know the answer to this question!

2 Kudos
ucartobin
Just visiting

Hi! as far as I learned that your pin QUALITY should be good enough to attract your potential goal to achieve. You may have a different goal & audience compare to others. Focus on quality and target. One day you too have the same numbers as others have. Be Positive.

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Wayfair has millions of items to share on Pinterest, meaning they wouldn't be resharing too much, which is the biggest concern when someone wants to share many times per day. Also, as a new account, you should start off slow. Too much activity too fast can have you hitting rate limits. Hope that helps.

~ Alisa

3 Kudos
dailydoseofluxury
Posts regularly

I pin a lot, definitely more than 50 pins a day and I've never had an issue. I have about 70K+ pins and have my account since 2013. Maybe it's because tailwind is a third party app to some degree. I think if you're directly on Pinterest you should be okay, maybe through tailwind its an issue 

1 Kudo
tailwind
Loves to help

Pins are treated the same whether they are sent via a 3rd party partner tool or direct on Pinterest. Since Tailwind is a partner with Pinterest, there is no difference. In either case, quality trumps quantity!

~ Alisa

0 Kudos
quest4code

I also have my website named "tiklacars" is not getting business from Pinterest can anyone share idea how to work on Pinterest I am new here in this community  

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi @quest4code  Can you supply the link to your Pinterest account & I'll have a look... providing you don't mind honest, constructive criticism. I did look at your website & I see near the bottom your Social Media icons/links... where's Pinterest?

0 Kudos