Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

New Comment Management Feed

EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

@PinterestGabby loving the new comment moderating feed! It's SO MUCH better to now have the story pin comments included! I also love how the comment is then highlighted in gray to be responded to. Really awesome! One question though, it's a bit weird that I get comment notifications on Pins that aren't my content, but I repined. Shouldn't the original content creator get those comments? And how can I turn off comment notifications on the content that isn't mine, so it doesn't clog my feed and I can answer my own questions more efficiently? Thanks!

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

Glad to hear it!

Sure a sample of some of the engagements I'm talking about, there are about a handful every 5-9 comments are so from other accounts like Half Baked Harvest, Simply Recipes etc..See attached! None of this is my content, but I think I may have "repined" it at some point. But it also looks like my avatar is being attributed to it? Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.34.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.21 AM.png

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
9 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @EntWithBeth!! Thanks for sharing the amazing feedback about the new engagement tab!! I definitely went ahead and shared this post with our team and they were over the moon to hear how much you love this new feature. 😉 

Regarding your question, can you share which Pins/engagements you're referring to? Look forward to hearing from ya! 

0 Kudos
EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

Glad to hear it!

Sure a sample of some of the engagements I'm talking about, there are about a handful every 5-9 comments are so from other accounts like Half Baked Harvest, Simply Recipes etc..See attached! None of this is my content, but I think I may have "repined" it at some point. But it also looks like my avatar is being attributed to it? Thanks! 

Screen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.45 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.34.57 AM.pngScreen Shot 2020-09-28 at 5.32.21 AM.png

0 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Hi @PinterestGabby 

I'm actually having some trouble with the Engagement tab. 😔 I get notifications daily that there are new comments but when I go to the tab, nothing new loads. I'm only seeing comments from weeks ago (12 days, 2 weeks, 6 weeks etc.) in the panel. Plus, I'm only able to view 30 previous comments when I scroll down. Is this how it's supposed to be formatted or does it sound like mine isn't loading properly? 

Thank youu!!! 😄

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@EntWithBeth thanks for the additional info! We're digging in to it with our team now. @owlbbaking hmm, thanks for flagging! I've shared this internally as well and waiting to hear back. Will you keep you both posted once I find out more. 🙂 

0 Kudos
EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

Thanks! I keep getting new ones appearing, that also aren't mine, so it looks like the bug is still there. Thanks for looking into it! 

0 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

*reposting as my last comment didn't load! (I think!)*

Thanks, @PinterestGabby !!! You're the best!! 🌞

My notifications is now showing some newer comments but not all of them. 

I'm also experiencing the same as @EntWithBeth where I'm seeing updates for comments on pins that are not my own. 

Thank you as always and I hope you have a lovely weekend!!

1 Kudo
EntWithBeth
Posts regularly

@owlbbaking not sure if this is the case for you too, but those pins I'm getting comments on that aren't mine are pins I've actually repinned so I guess there's some relationship in that way to my account. So maybe @PinterestGabby that may help isolate the issue and troubleshoot? 🙂  Thanks again! 

2 Kudos
owlbbaking
Loves to help

Yup! That's what I'm seeing too 😊 (sorry if my previous note didn't make sense!). 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @EntWithBeth and @owlbbaking, thanks for your patience while I dug into this. Can you both please file a ticket with our support team so they can help debug and investigate what might be going on? This link should route to the right team who can help here. Thank you! 

1 Kudo