Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Need help and nobody is responding.

Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

I posted this and somebody deleted it. I’ve been trying to get this answered for one week and I am amazed that nobody cares. If you can answer this I will be forever grateful. And maybe this is something that I should know but since I’ve only been posting video pins for about a week I just don’t know the facts.  As you know once a video pin finishes playing, you have the option to send or replay. And then at the bottom of that in white print is a message that says “play another video from “. Most of my pins show my account and another one of my personal videos. But 13 of my pens are redirecting the viewer to some other persons video - A random stranger. I do not know why 13 of my videos are redirecting the viewer to link to a strangers video, is this normal? Of course I want to keep the viewer watching my own videos. I have asked this and tried to Google it and cannot find the answer. I’ve even sent the question to Pinterest business and cannot get a response. Surely someone can tell me if this is supposed to happen or have some of my pins been hijacked? Thank you for reading and if someone will please please answer this I don’t know why I cannot get an answer!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hello @Pixietwin1 ! Really unfortunate this has taken so long for you to get the information you're looking for. The related pins are not restricted to only pins from the account that posted the original pin. The short answer is this feature is working as intended if it includes pins from other accounts. I hope my response provides you with the info you were looking for but if not please let me know and I'll do my best to make sure your voice is heard. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
2 Replies
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Hello @Pixietwin1 ! Really unfortunate this has taken so long for you to get the information you're looking for. The related pins are not restricted to only pins from the account that posted the original pin. The short answer is this feature is working as intended if it includes pins from other accounts. I hope my response provides you with the info you were looking for but if not please let me know and I'll do my best to make sure your voice is heard. 

1 Kudo
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

Janice thank you so much. When I would click on random video pins it seemed like they all had links to their own creator’s other pins. I was concerned because about half of my pins are linking to random people and even unrelated subjects to what my videos are about. But if this is intended then I feel much better. It was strange because the first 13 pins  posted have the links to “random stranger” videos. But everything after that links the viewer back to my own videos- so that’s why I thought something was going on. I don’t know why I could not get an answer until now but I super appreciate your response... it really takes a load off my mind. I was afraid those first pins had been hacked or something weird!!

2 Kudos