Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Major drop in new pin impressions

mymoonstonekitchen
Just visiting
Labels (1)

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey Haley,

I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

First let me say your work in beautiful and it definitely deserves attention on Pinterest. 

EVERYBODY'S Standard Pins are simply not getting much engagement because Pinterest wants you to invest in ads:) Gone are the days of organic growth UNLESS it's a Video Pin. At least with a Video Pin you have a chance of getting an outbound link. 

Only do Idea Pins every other day or every 2nd day because not all your followers use Pinterest daily. Focus MORE on Video Pins than Idea Pins and see if that helps. 

Bottom line, what won't cost you time will cost you money so invest in ads. It's as simple as that. Hope that helps for now. 

View solution in original post

1 Kudo
3 Replies
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey Haley,

I'm going to be brutally honest with you.

First let me say your work in beautiful and it definitely deserves attention on Pinterest. 

EVERYBODY'S Standard Pins are simply not getting much engagement because Pinterest wants you to invest in ads:) Gone are the days of organic growth UNLESS it's a Video Pin. At least with a Video Pin you have a chance of getting an outbound link. 

Only do Idea Pins every other day or every 2nd day because not all your followers use Pinterest daily. Focus MORE on Video Pins than Idea Pins and see if that helps. 

Bottom line, what won't cost you time will cost you money so invest in ads. It's as simple as that. Hope that helps for now. 

1 Kudo
mymoonstonekitchen
Just visiting

@pinterestmarketingexpert thank you so much for your response and your advice! I really appreciate your honesty.

Although the changes to Pinterest in the past few months ago have been super frustrating, it's reassuring to know that I'm not alone with the low engagement.

I will take your advice and definitely focus more on video pins than idea pins--and will start investing in ads, as well. 

Thank you again so much for all your help! 🙂

Haley

0 Kudos
pinterestmarketingexpert
Jack-of-all-trades

It's my pleasure. Good luck with all. Thanks

1 Kudo