Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Links for Idea Pins?

makeupbyemani
Just visiting

Hi everyone!

I’m new to the community so I thought I would just jump right in! Has anyone been thinking about links for the idea pins? We can attach links to regular pins, which as you know gains traffic to websites and affiliates links, and thus people get paid. However, with the rise of Idea pins, I would like links for those too! 

Has anyone heard any possible talks about this in the future? I imagine this would be a game changer for smaller companies and big brands to be able just click and go, instead of the hidden details section. As a beauty creator, it would be great to post links to the individual products or lead them to my youtube /instagram with an easy click!

Thanks for your attention!

8 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, welcome to the community, @makeupbyemani! So glad you found us. 🙂 Right now, we do not support links within Idea Pins. We designed this format to give creators everything they need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Idea Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform. Having higher engagement with Idea Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀

What @stylegps is referring to is in regards to product tags, which is in testing. A bit more info behind that in this thread

Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the community and with the Pinterest team, and please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
11 Replies
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@makeupbyemani as far as I know it is not planned to have links on idea pins ever @PinterestGabby maybe you could answer this better? 🙂

1 Kudo
stylegps
Just visiting

There are Idea Pins that are Ads and link to a website.  There are also Idea Pins that tag products.  These features are probably in Beta Testing.  Just waiting on an announcement on when the rest of us will get these features.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

First of all, welcome to the community, @makeupbyemani! So glad you found us. 🙂 Right now, we do not support links within Idea Pins. We designed this format to give creators everything they need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Idea Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform. Having higher engagement with Idea Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀

What @stylegps is referring to is in regards to product tags, which is in testing. A bit more info behind that in this thread

Appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with the community and with the Pinterest team, and please let me know if there's anything else I can help you with!

2 Kudos
stylegps
Just visiting

Hey @PinterestGabby I'm referring to 2 different things.  There are Idea Pins with Product Tags.  There are also Promoted Idea Pins.  I attached a screenshot.  The Visit button in the screenshot goes to the Lancome website.

Screenshot 2021-06-29 at 11.31.21 AM.jpg

Since it's already in our Home feeds, @PinterestGabby is there an announcement coming soon?

1 Kudo
makeupbyemani
Just visiting

This is a perfect example of what I was wondering about! Is this link option only available to brands or will creators be able to have access to this in the future? @PinterestGabby 

0 Kudos
SUNutrition
Just visiting

I so agree with this! As a food blogger, it'd even be helpful for the notes/ingredients section of the idea pins to have clickable links!

2 Kudos
wholeyum
Just visiting

My idea pins have Screen Shot 2021-08-18 at 1.11.05 PM.png impressions and thousands of likes but no profile visits or follows. I don't find that very helpful. 

0 Kudos
wholeyum
Just visiting

It sucks not to have this option. It's almost pointless to create them. 

0 Kudos
alisammeredith
Loves to help

I think the follow and profile visit numbers are glitching right now. You can clearly see a % of growth indicated despite the "0" value. Also, I had Idea Pins that showed follows and profile visits for lifetime and now are alllll showing "0." I'm sure they will be back!

0 Kudos