Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Just Starting

katejonesco

Hello!

For an artist just starting in Pinterest. I have a few questions. How many pins do you pin a day - original/other? and How often can you repin one of your pins? 

Any and all advice would be GREAT! 

Thanks!

-Kate

2 Kudos
7 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@katejonesco Hi there 👋 You definitely came to the right place to ask! I am tagging in other members for some feedback they can also provide some really great insight into the inner workings of Pinterest.

Personally, I try to pin 2 to 5 times a day and usually no more than 6 pins per board I always try to create and Pin my own content which consists of both Standard Pins and Video Pins - I have learned the higher the quality in images and video the better the engagement and response from other pinner's. I try to not repin other content a lot although there is some really great content that people are sharing that I also share. I always check Pins that aren't mine to make sure that the link provided et al. is a good link and the pins aren't spam it definitely makes other pinners happy to know that you are I guess looking out for their pinning experience. I hope this is a good start and I am glad you're here in the community. Lisa😁

P.S. I just followed you

@typicallytopical @AmericanoCrystals @allaboutbabyblog @foodiehomechef 

5 Kudos
katelynnj
Just visiting

Lisa, Thank you so much! I think I was taking off more than I can chew, thinking I had to post 15-20 pins/day. Your recommendations seem much more digestible. I'll definitely be giving this a go! 

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@katejonesco Hi there - Yes I find trying to Pin so many pins especially if you have a lot of boards takes too much time although I love to pin I have to write ...... and I don't want to lose that time. I have a 12 year old that does school online so I am always helping with Math and Ancient Civ. and other responsibilities at home all at the same time I am writing and managing social media need I say more? I think you will find the other members I tagged in will also provide some great insight as well. Glad you here Lisa😁

2 Kudos
allaboutbabyblog
Loves to help

@therealsouthamerica thanks for the tag 🙂

@katejonesco it's kinda hard to find what works best for you. No account is the same and just because we are doing what we're doing doesn't mean it works for you (just to keep that in mind) 🙂

I've been pinning up to 30 times a day with a good mix of repins via tailwing, fresh pins and other peoples pins that fit my audience (always check that it's not a stolen pin)

It's been working OK but I am currently trying out a bit different strategy, just started changing it yesterday so I'll be able to say more in a few days 🙂

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@allaboutbabyblog I knew you would have some good info! Lisa😁

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@katejonesco Hi Kate & welcome to the community! I pin about 21 pins per day... a combination of my own pins & pins from others. I use Tailwind to schedule my pins a week ahead if time... Tailwind save me sooo much time! Here's my referral link if you want a free 30 day trial:   https://www.tailwindapp.com/i/foodiehomechef

I post more than some of the others here because I own a Tailwind Tribe & post some of my members pins along with my own.

As to your question regarding repinning one of your own pins... Pinterest keeps changing their outlook on this process & if I'm not mistaken... these days I wouldn't repin your own pin more than once every 6 months. Pinterest is more interested in you either creating NEW pins & new pin descriptions from your existing URLs OR creating new content for your blog & of course a NEW pin for that content.

4 Kudos
AmericanoCrystals
Problem-solver

Hello @katejonesco 

If you’re quite new to pinning, I’d recommend 10 per day. Use a scheduler like Tailwind* and spend an hour a week filling it with your 70 pins. Yep, that’s all it takes. Just an hour a week will be enough (after all the initial setup) to get your pinning off to a flying start.

Good luck !

3 Kudos