Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Just created my first story pin!

4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

It's a test. I wanted to see how intuitive it is to do & I used content that I originally created for IG. Creating the story was so VERY easy & intuitive.

Only thing I think is missing is a way to link to original blog content like standard pins.

It will also be interesting to see if story pins help with reach.

Who else has been creating story pins? What's your experience & opinion so far?

https://www.pinterest.com/pin/364580532340445665/

3 Kudos
15 Replies
thatstylishnerd
Posts regularly

Thanks for the tag @PinterestGabby !

I have found story pins to be great! For me, it is all about capturing an idea or concept that is going to be digestible and actionable by your audience. 

As a photographer, I have been taking large concepts and breaking them down so people who are beginning or have not even picked up a camera can learn to start that path. 

I have also been pivoting a bit based on trending keywords, or trying to SEO things so they get a bit of a boost.

The response I have been getting is quite amazing, and I love interacting and learning myself from my audience. 

Here's my profile if you want to have a look. https://www.pinterest.com/thatstylishnerd 

Best,

Anderson

3 Kudos
4thHouseOnTheRight
Posts regularly

Thank you @PinterestGabby !  I'm looking for ways to step outside my comfort zone so knowing other pinners' experiences helps a lot! And I think it's gonna be a lot of fun!

2 Kudos
healthyambitionsteam
Loves to help

Thanks for tagging me @PinterestGabby !! I feel honored! 

@4thHouseOnTheRight  in my experience, story pins are GREAT for building engagement and gaining new followers. Unfortunately, they don't drive traffic back to our websites, but in theory, the increased engagements and new followers will lead to more traffic.

I definitely need to focus on doing more story pins because they get 2-3x more impressions than normal pins.  They are more time consuming than regular pins, so it's tough to pump out every day, but I try to upload at least once a week. 

One day, I'll hire a fancy Pinterest VA to do this work for me!

2 Kudos
plaidcrafts
Posts regularly

I love what you said here @therealsouthamerica and I cannot emphasize it enough!

"As for the links not being available I think its great as it provides an opportunity for people watching the story pins to really pay attention to you and what your presenting and I have no doubt that if they like what they see they will go and find you elsewhere on your site other social media and the like."

While at first I was really not sure about not being able to link, this has been my mindset. I have explained it to my team in a similar way. If they like what they see, they will come explore our profile and additional content. We are working on creating more art DIY project tutorial story pins to engage our audience. 

2 Kudos
MilestoneWellnessCoach
Just visiting

Thanks for tagging me @PinterestGabby !! 🙂

@4thHouseOnTheRight  I agree with everything that has been said already 👍

So to add in my 2 cents - Story Pins are a great way to grow an audience, get people engaged/inspired/motivated, gain genuine & enthusiastic followers, get your content out in front of more eyes, and it's another fun/creative way to display your message/content. 

I put up about 3-4 Story Pins each week and it does get easier and more time efficient the more you do it. 😉

Great page and content! 

Here's my board if you want to have a look and follow me: https://pin.it/2j6WhCW 

Take care, Justin

4 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@plaidcrafts Hi Tamara thank you - its hard sometimes to explain that but if it was me and I was really excited about what I saw I would definitely go out of my way to find | follow | shop | share and interact with the Creator of the pin.

I really do like the fact that people pay more attention to you and really don't 'skim' the pin.

Lisa😁

1 Kudo