Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Inappropriate comments

TheHonourSystem
Just visiting

My most popular pin has been highjacked by a string of politically charged comments and the option to remove comments has changed to "report this content". I am very wary of this as I don't want the pin to be affected negatively by this action. How can I delete inappropriate comments from my pin without reporting the "content".

2 Kudos
5 Replies
angellawery
Posts regularly

Hi @TheHonourSystem , I'm sorry this is happening to you.

I think you have 2 options. I believe you do have a way to turn off comments on your pins. I'll find out where in a sec and screenshot it for you if I do. 🙂 Then maybe you can delete the comments. 

Or you can delete the original one and tweak it by changing the image a bit (zoom in or out) and the font you used and upload it again.

Hopefully they don't follow you to the new one.

One thing you may need to look at is if there's anything that drew those people to the pin. Keywords, image? If not then this is def a weird occurrence and if it's getting offensive you may need to report those users. 

I hope this helps. 

*** The pic I added is the way to turn off comments on your pins.

1 Kudo
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thanks @angellawery! @TheHonourSystem for more info on how to use the new engagement tab to moderate comments, check out this article from our Help Center. 🙂 

2 Kudos
TheHonourSystem
Just visiting

Thanks so much! I was able to delete them. It was a one-off thankfully. Just a spicy cracker recipe that someone turned into a defund the police debate which ended up using words like robbed and raped! Not cool for a recipe pin. I appreciate your help and am glad they are gone! Thanks again.

1 Kudo
angellawery
Posts regularly

Wow! Glad I could help! That was an interesting one 😂.

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Yikes, @TheHonourSystem!! Glad you were able to get those removed...definitely not approp for a recipe Pin. 🙅‍♀️

0 Kudos