Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

If someone spams your group boards can it get you suspended?

christmasstars
Just visiting
Labels (4)

This question has never occurred to me until today when I logged onto my boards to find 20 pins all pretty much looking the same and pointing to the one url. So I was wondering, can their spammy activity on MY group board cause me to get suspended for spam?

Thanks 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey there @christmasstars I have 3 group boards that I run & I don't allow any of my board members to do what you're describing & if they do... I warn them once & if they do it again I kick them off the board. It's up to you to set the rules for your group boards & spell out the rules in your board description. Here's an example of one of my boards & go there & read the rules near the top to get an idea of what I'm talking about: https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/best-foodie-recipes-%7E-drool-responsibly/

I don't believe that what your members are doing will affect your account with Pinterest, but @PinterestGabby or @PinterestJanice can tell you for sure!

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
6 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Hey there @christmasstars I have 3 group boards that I run & I don't allow any of my board members to do what you're describing & if they do... I warn them once & if they do it again I kick them off the board. It's up to you to set the rules for your group boards & spell out the rules in your board description. Here's an example of one of my boards & go there & read the rules near the top to get an idea of what I'm talking about: https://www.pinterest.com/foodiehomechef/best-foodie-recipes-%7E-drool-responsibly/

I don't believe that what your members are doing will affect your account with Pinterest, but @PinterestGabby or @PinterestJanice can tell you for sure!

2 Kudos
christmasstars
Just visiting

Thanks Simone,

Really appreciate that. Will have a look

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@christmasstars  Great... be sure to ask if you have any more questions 😄

0 Kudos
MomFoodie
Just visiting

I opted to close my group boards last month. Years ago group boards were wonderful for both owners and members... now personal boards seem much more effective.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@MomFoodie  I still get a lot of RePins from the group boards that I run (according to my Tailwind stats). Not so much from the group boards that are owned by others. One thing I like about owning my 3 group boards is that I get a lot of exposure because my boards are featured on other people's PInterest pages.

1 Kudo
apotdar
Just visiting

Thank you! I will act immediately.

1 Kudo