Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

Idea Pins that Convert

YourFrugalFriend
Just visiting

I have switched over to creating idea pins since video pins/static pins no longer get any impressions.

It is harder for my Idea pins to convert I am seeing since there is a huge barrier for users to get to the thing I'm selling.

Any ideas on how to get these pins to actually convert? I'm thinking about leaving Pinterest for Tik Tok or something else that could work better for me marketing wise.

Thanks!

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @YourFrugalFriend - Welcome to PBC!

You're on the right track by creating Idea Pins!  Keep it up! There have been some fluctuations recently that resulted in our Idea Pins not getting much reach, but we're starting to see them bounce back. 

Here are some additional things you can test out:

1. Create Idea pins with multiple pages  (A beginning, middle, and end.)

Stop the scroll with an animated or video "cover page". (Don't forget to select the cover image before you hit publish).  Think about the problem that you are able to solve for them.  Hit those pain points and show how your products can solve it.   Highlight the features/benefits. 

I've had more success with idea pins that are broken into multiple pages vs a video/animation that plays on just one page.  At this point, we can't skip ahead or back on a video so with video split into multiple pages, you'll get less people bouncing before the end. 

2. Focus on trending keywords/topics

Use trends.pinterest.com to see what topics are currently trending, or type in your own keywords (i.e. budget planner, etc) to see what search terms have a higher search volume on Pinterest.  I took a peek at your shop and you have a lot of fun holiday content that will do well these next two months.  And of course, end of Dec-early January people are all about budgets and financial goals so start pumping that content out in December so it has time to build up some traction. 

3. Tag products/Add a CTA

I see on some of your pins you tagged your products.  That's perfect! Try changing the color of the tags so they pop out more and/or add a call to action to "Click here to get this ______!".  You can also add a final page of your idea pin that is a simple call to action.  Add the product tag again or tell them to click the link in your bio. 

4. Promote an Email list building funnel (not Idea Pin related, but will help with Pinterest conversions)

Create a landing page (on your website so it can be tracked with your pinterest tag) for one of your top converting freebies.  Promote a few pins to the freebie to get people on your email list where you can then promote and share your products. 

Best of luck!

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
1 Reply
thehalcyonhive
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @YourFrugalFriend - Welcome to PBC!

You're on the right track by creating Idea Pins!  Keep it up! There have been some fluctuations recently that resulted in our Idea Pins not getting much reach, but we're starting to see them bounce back. 

Here are some additional things you can test out:

1. Create Idea pins with multiple pages  (A beginning, middle, and end.)

Stop the scroll with an animated or video "cover page". (Don't forget to select the cover image before you hit publish).  Think about the problem that you are able to solve for them.  Hit those pain points and show how your products can solve it.   Highlight the features/benefits. 

I've had more success with idea pins that are broken into multiple pages vs a video/animation that plays on just one page.  At this point, we can't skip ahead or back on a video so with video split into multiple pages, you'll get less people bouncing before the end. 

2. Focus on trending keywords/topics

Use trends.pinterest.com to see what topics are currently trending, or type in your own keywords (i.e. budget planner, etc) to see what search terms have a higher search volume on Pinterest.  I took a peek at your shop and you have a lot of fun holiday content that will do well these next two months.  And of course, end of Dec-early January people are all about budgets and financial goals so start pumping that content out in December so it has time to build up some traction. 

3. Tag products/Add a CTA

I see on some of your pins you tagged your products.  That's perfect! Try changing the color of the tags so they pop out more and/or add a call to action to "Click here to get this ______!".  You can also add a final page of your idea pin that is a simple call to action.  Add the product tag again or tell them to click the link in your bio. 

4. Promote an Email list building funnel (not Idea Pin related, but will help with Pinterest conversions)

Create a landing page (on your website so it can be tracked with your pinterest tag) for one of your top converting freebies.  Promote a few pins to the freebie to get people on your email list where you can then promote and share your products. 

Best of luck!

4 Kudos