Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I know I don’t belong here, but I want to say I feel your pain!

Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

I’ve posted twice and received help with some of my questions regarding decreases in viewing. First, when I say I don’t belong I will admit that I am a hobbyist who just started posting videos on Pinterest and at first glance I’m sure it may look like I’m not worth the time to respond to because you guys are really working hard making content and actually have business interest. I’m going to admit that my account is just simply for fun especially in the age of coronavirus. It keeps me busy, so if you’ve read this far please continue reading. When I say I feel your pain I am frustrated too because a few of my pins went off like dynamite, at least I thought so, and now they’re getting zero traffic. My video pins center around my love of BTS and they’re very similar pins so maybe that’s the problem. Yet if you are a fan of celebrities, I see people posting the same stuff all the time and it doesn’t seem to affect their view counts.  One of my video pins received 8700 views within 36 hours. Now it is receiving zero views or saves. Enjoyed waking up every morning to see the number of people that have viewed and saved my pins and over this weekend it’s been zero! It’s actually been zero for the last several days since mid week. My husband is a mathematician and statistician and he doesn’t understand it either and says that’s almost impossible. So I guess my account is lagging like everyone else’s. It’s depressing because it was fun and exciting and I got joy from it. But when you put a lot of work into something and nobody is seeing it -it puts a damper on things. And again I know you guys are serious entrepreneurs and I applaud you. I never knew the ins and outs of Pinterest and the fact that they had algorithms and bots which prevent pins from being viewed. I honestly feel like it’s personal because I was getting many daily views and now virtually zero. I hope that my pins takeoff again but who knows. I’m still having the same problem that I had before where my view count will drop one or hundreds of views and I don’t receive those ‘view’ counts back which makes no sense.  I will tell you that I was actually planning on buying a new computer because I was having so much fun creating video pins and so many people are watching them. But I will rethink that if nobody sees them.

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@Pixietwin1 Hi there, no problem on responding I think everyone can appreciate your frustration - what I can tell you is that to be honest I have never searched specific titles of my pins...sounds weird right? I just never have so I honestly can't speak to that question do you have the same experience on Mobile Devices as one Desktop? I have noticed other inconsistencies that I am certain are kinks working themselves out but I have seen some differences between Devices. Lisa😁

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
3 Replies
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@Pixietwin1 Hi there ... again so I posted a pin it received 7.3K within the first 2 hours it sat there like that for 2 days and now its at 70 as I have seen this before I am fairly certain in saying the pins will update themselves and the actually impressions|views will come back - Please don't take it personally this is a common thing at the moment but I did want to ask you are you creating Story Pins or I guess Regular Pins?  Business or not its good your here - Lisa😁

0 Kudos
Pixietwin1
Posts regularly

Hi Lisa  thank you for being someone I can count on to respond - here’s another question for you. I just did a search for my pins which ...can you believe I haven’t done yet. I searched the specific titles I’ve given the pins as well of descriptive words and nothing comes up. I thought when I searched the descriptive title I would see it but it’s not there. Typical?? I guess if I can’t find my own pins using the titles and descriptive words then no wonder I’m not getting any views. I’m creating regular video pins? 

2 Kudos
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@Pixietwin1 Hi there, no problem on responding I think everyone can appreciate your frustration - what I can tell you is that to be honest I have never searched specific titles of my pins...sounds weird right? I just never have so I honestly can't speak to that question do you have the same experience on Mobile Devices as one Desktop? I have noticed other inconsistencies that I am certain are kinks working themselves out but I have seen some differences between Devices. Lisa😁

0 Kudos