Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

I found a story pin with links - Does this mean it is coming to the public soon?

frostxsun
Just visiting

Hi! I recently came across a story pin with links on each page of the story (https://pin.it/3ENVzit). I LOVE THIS! I hope this means we'll see this long-requested story pin feature roll out soon.

Can someone from Pinterest comment on whether business accounts will get access to this ability? I shy away from creating story pins due to the current inability to drive traffic back to my website, so I'm hoping the answer is yes 🙂

2 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the feedback!! We designed this format to give creators like you everything you need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. This new immersive, action-oriented format is something our Pinners love which translates into better engagement and growth from your on-platform audience.

Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Story Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform.  Having higher engagement with Story Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀

View solution in original post

3 Kudos
11 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

I believe that pin was made with an older version of story pins, links are still not supported as far as I can tell.

3 Kudos
PaulGonzales1
0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@frostxsun   Hi there & welcome to the community! I too have shied away from Story Pins for the very same reason. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that Pinterest will add this very important feature. Then, and only then, will I start creating story pins!

@PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@michaelbliss is correct -- we’re always experimenting with new products and features, and sometimes we iterate on a product to improve your experience.  The most recent version of Story Pins does not support links, but you may see Story Pins that were published using a different version of the product. Hope that helps clarify! Thanks for your feedback too, everyone, will be saving and sharing with our internal teams for review. 🌟

1 Kudo
plaidcrafts
Posts regularly

Hi @PinterestGabby ! Story pins not having links are the biggest resistor I am dealing with at the office. I'd love to throw another vote in favor of links, even if is just a single link for the whole story. I think story pins are amazing, and I am working on creating them, but they are somewhat low priority due to not being able to truly track any conversions so they are a bit of a back-burner project. 

5 Kudos
thespoiledhome
Just visiting

I just add our links with the Freeform details page. So people can copy and paste the link, if they choose to.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@plaidcrafts  I agree 100%!

0 Kudos
plaidcrafts
Posts regularly

That is the exact thing I am doing @thespoiledhome , it's just not trackable the same way. We can track the percentage of sessions to our site from Pinterest, etc. It's very helpful to know where to focus and what's working. It solves the problem for the consumer, just not for my reporting. But it's early yet! We'll see where it goes! 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Thank you all for the feedback!! We designed this format to give creators like you everything you need to bring an idea to life entirely on the Pinterest platform without the need for external links. This new immersive, action-oriented format is something our Pinners love which translates into better engagement and growth from your on-platform audience.

Our products are constantly evolving to better serve our creator community, and part of this is building new formats like Story Pins to help creators publish richer content and grow their following with content that’s built solely on the Pinterest platform.  Having higher engagement with Story Pins will enhance the growth of your audience on Pinterest and beyond. 🚀

3 Kudos