Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How to delete a message here in PBC?

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PinterestGabby    It may be too early in the morning (lol), but I just tried to delete a reply I made in one of the threads... but I couldn't see how to do it! Is there a way or is it only Managers who can delete Posts/Replies ?

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

This! Editing and resaving with "deleted" or "removed" is the best way to handle removing posts you no longer wish to have on the community. 

View solution in original post

2 Kudos
9 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

@foodiehomechef oh my, you do get up early!!! Community members are not able to delete posts in the PBC at this time. If you let us know which posts you'd like to delete, we can take care of that for ya! I think you're referring to the ones in this thread, in which, they may have already been taken care of. 🙂 LMK!

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

LOL I get up everyday at 4AM, that's EST. Been doin' that all my life.

Ok, good to know & I'll let you know if I have something I want to delete. The only way around it, I found, was to edit my post/reply & delete all the text... then type in "Deleted" and save.

1 Kudo
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

This! Editing and resaving with "deleted" or "removed" is the best way to handle removing posts you no longer wish to have on the community. 

2 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Off topic @PinterestJanice ... I noticed that you always have "Currently pinning:"  with 3 Pinterest board links below your posts. Is that some sort of "signature" that you have set up to automatically show in your posts, if so can you point me to where to set it up? AND do you think it brings you some xtra traffic? If so, maybe I'll be a copycat & do the same 😄

0 Kudos
PinterestJanice
Pinterest Alum
Pinterest Alum

Yepp, it's a signature. 🙂 Everyone has access to them and you can set them up in your settings page here.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades
0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Sorry to be a pain @PinterestJanice. I went to the link to add a signature, however it only shows the text & doesn't have the option to turn the text into a working link. Am I missing something or is it only managers that have that option?

0 Kudos
DarkandTwistedTV
Just visiting

Hi @PinterestGabby I'd like to know how I can delete my posts and profile here in PBC. I do not want my Pinterest account closed, just this here on these boards. 

0 Kudos
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @DarkandTwistedTV, apologies for the delay here! Which posts would you like deleted? Feel free to link them here or go ahead and send me a private message so I can help. Thanks! 

0 Kudos