Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How To Auto Download All High Res Images From A Pinterest Board

ambergranttrend

Hi all

Urgent help required, I used to be able to use the Pindown app to automatically download all high resolution images from a Pinterest board, but Google Chrome has changed their policies regarding apps so Pindown no longer works. I have Googled alternates but nothing I have been able to find works (Image Downloaded only downloads the thumbnails, not the original high res images). Pindown was also super useful in that it would save the file location names, so if I had Pinned an image from Instagram or wherever, it would file the high res file with the Instagram handle name.

Urgent help required, I can't be the only one stuck

Many thanks

Amber

0 Kudos
4 Replies
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@ambergranttrend   Wow I had never heard of this app Amber & if I understand you correctly this is a distressing tool for us creators. From your description, it sounds like this violates copyright rules or am I missing something? Why would you want to download high res images that belong to someone else?

0 Kudos
ambergranttrend

Hi Simone

Thanks for your feedback, as far as I am aware this doesn't violate any of the Pinterest regulations, this app is only now blocked as Google Chrome has changed their settings with regards to paid app extensions through their browser.

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@ambergranttrend   That may be true, but as I asked in my post... doesn't this violate copyright laws? I'm tagging the Pinterest managers and others to see if they can shed some light on this.  @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice @abetterresume @bodymindmood 

0 Kudos
ambergranttrend

Best for them to answer - I assume a Google verified app isn't illegal

0 Kudos