Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How do I post idea pins from mobile app!!

Ebaragirlwithbinoculars
Just visiting

Hi

I want to post idea pins from the mobile app and I cannot find the option to do so!! There isn't even a "request access to idea pins" in the settings... Please help😢

Thanks in advance

1 Kudo
12 Replies
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

Hi @Ebaragirlwithbinoculars, welcome to the PBC! Have you signed the creator code yet?

3 Kudos
Ebaragirlwithbinoculars
Just visiting

Umm no. What does it do?

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Ebaragirlwithbinoculars   Basically, it's a way to keep Pinterest a kind, positive and safe place. To have access to Idea Pins, you'll need to sign the code. It looks like you have posted Idea Pins in the past, which app are you using?

3 Kudos
Ebaragirlwithbinoculars
Just visiting

@michaelbliss Oh okay.

Yes I have posted idea pins previously from my laptop. But now I don't have access to it, so I have been trying to use the app and its not working. I'm using the Pinterest app on android. 

So basically you're saying that my solution is to sign the code and that's it, I'll have access to them?

1 Kudo
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Ebaragirlwithbinoculars  It could be, if you've been uploading Idea Pins on the web version for a while and not with iOS/Android. This happened to me when the Creator Code was first introduced.

CreateIdeaPin-2.jpg

I attached a screen shot of the Android app, the 'plus' sign should have the option to upload.

3 Kudos
Ebaragirlwithbinoculars
Just visiting

@michaelbliss Okay, I'll try to sign the code and see what happens. When I click in the plus sign this is what I get (I've attached a screenshot)

Screenshot_20220120-235645_Pinterest.png

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@EbaragirlwithbinocularsTry looking in the 'Creator hub' link. You may be able to sign it there, if not the link I sent should work. It may take a little while to show up. Be sure the app is updated.

3 Kudos
Ebaragirlwithbinoculars
Just visiting

@michaelbliss Its not working. I tried the creator hub and it only tells me that I don't have access to idea pins... and I tried the link you sent and its also not working, even though I waited. The app is updated and I don't know what to do now 😞 

2 Kudos
michaelbliss
Pinterest Pioneer
Pinterest Pioneer

@Ebaragirlwithbinoculars  I take it that you are logged into your Pinterest account on the web version, but the link I sent didn't help? Are you able to upload Idea Pins on the web version? If so, I think you should reach out to support with this link, list the steps you took and attach a couple of screen shots. They can take a close look at your account and correct whatever is causing the error. Please come back here after you hear back or something has changed.

3 Kudos