Pinterest Predicts is live!
See what's in store for 2024 in our Trend Forecast report.

How are Followers calculated?

foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

About a year ago I suddenly noticed a big drop in people who were following me everyday (according to stats)... I went from about 20-25 a day to approx 5 to 8 per day. I'm wondering if back then Pinterest was figuring into the "Followers" stat the folks who were following both your whole account & also people who followed one or more of your boards.

I still have about 20 followers a day if you calculate in those who follow boards, however (as stated above) my stats are showing just 5 to 8 per day which reflects only those who follow my full account.

Thoughts?  @PinterestGabby @PinterestJanice 

1 Kudo
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @foodiehomechef, sorry for the delay on this! Followers on Pinterest are currently calculated as account followers and board followers. Hope this helps clear things up! 

View solution in original post

4 Kudos
10 Replies
PinterestGabby
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @foodiehomechef, sorry for the delay on this! Followers on Pinterest are currently calculated as account followers and board followers. Hope this helps clear things up! 

4 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

Thanks so much for the info @PinterestGabby 🙂

1 Kudo
PaulGonzales1

You have great pins, Following you.

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@PaulGonzales1   Hi Paul & welcome to the community! If you were talking to me... thank you!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

Hi there - Yes she does have great pins! Lisa😁

1 Kudo
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   OMG there you are LISA! We've been so worried about you & hoping everything was ok with you! I emailed you & didn't hear back, so then I really got concerned my friend.

So glad you're back!!!

@PinterestGabby

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef yes here I am - we were traveling New Mexico | Arizona | Toronto we went back for the election and to visit friends and family and check up on our house .... of course my mother-in law has everything under control. I didn't travel with my computer or iPad just my phone although I did a lot of writing while away.

It was nice to go back I was able to get my Walgreen's Fix in addition to other things that I have really been missing...Dutch Bros Coffee in Phoenix.....💕 Green Chile in New Mexico and Poutine in Toronto (fries gravy and cheese...its a Canadian thang) no worries I am still working out but definitely indulged I won't lie 😉

It's nice to be back HOW ARE YOU? I see Pinterest has been really cleaning up the community and the app....pretty great stuff! @pinterestgabby @pinterestjanice

Love Lisa

0 Kudos
foodiehomechef
Jack-of-all-trades

@therealsouthamerica   Sounds like you had a great time! We were worried because with the virus raging out of control... these days you can never be sure if folks have taken ill. I'm just so relieved that all is well with you. Glad you got to vote 😉

I'm doin'  great, thanks for asking!

1 Kudo
therealsouthamerica
Jack-of-all-trades

@foodiehomechef Hi there yes I agree about the virus but we were careful and did mask up | social distanced so all went well its funny they no longer require testing to enter it at the discretion of the airline weird right? New Mexico has since gone into a 2 week lockdown which includes where we live in Santa Fe my mother in-law is not happy about it but is doing it. Here you would never know there was a virus apart from the masks which are mandatory and if you don't wear them its a $1,000 USD fine and up to 5 years in Prison ..... there is a law in hear that says if you don't follow the  rules you are 'deliberately & intentionally" undermining the health and well being of your fellow citizens and that is criminal - clearly we wear the masks and follow the rules. 

I am glad to hear your okay and doing well was thinking about you while we were in the States and @pinterestgabby @pinterestjanice hoping everyone was well - I decided not to bring my devices except my phone which I reset before traveling because they are randomly checking devices in immigration and I wasn't comfortable having someone go through my laptop et al. so I opted to travel sans devices. 

Voting was a long wait in Arizona like literally around the corner of the building it took us like 3 hours to do it but we did it along with everyone else. Glad you got to vote too.

So, glad to be back Love Lisa😘

1 Kudo